PDA

View Full Version : Vogtland springs... who has 'em?

pundit
07-07-2005, 09:22 PM
I was interested to know who has Vogtland springs on their E34 and how do they ride? Also what shocks are you using with the Vogtlands. I'm thinking of going with Vogtlands and Konis, but don't want too much of a bone rattling ride - TIA

Kalevera
07-07-2005, 09:44 PM
Peter does, I think. He also sells them.

By all accounts, it's a freakin' good spring, man! One of these days, I'm going to try a set out and see how I like 'em.

best, whit

Kai@e34.de
07-07-2005, 09:47 PM
i'd had vogtland springs on my old 1989 525i M20. the car was ~1" lower then and still comfortable, comparable with the original M-Technic springs.

http://www.e34.de/fotostories/Limousine/Kai525i/Kai525i-1.jpg

http://www.e34.de/fotostories/Limousine/Kai525i/Kai525i-2.jpg

pmlmotorsports
07-07-2005, 10:41 PM
I was interested to know who has Vogtland springs on their E34 and how do they ride? Also what shocks are you using with the Vogtlands. I'm thinking of going with Vogtlands and Konis, but don't want too much of a bone rattling ride - TIA

You will be so glad you did..................they are by far and away the best spring I ever installed on any car built in germany...........$225 delivered

pundit
07-08-2005, 05:29 AM
...........$225 delivered
Hmmm.... to OZ? :)

I can't find a distributor in Australia.
I've emailed Vogtland in Germany twice, the first time in English and the second in German to ask about where I could buy their product in Australia but no response.

Pure Motor Sport (http://www.pure-motorsport.com/products/description.php/II=140/CA=149/PA=7) seem to be their major distributor in the U.S. but their website states... "We do not accept international orders." :(

mattyb
07-08-2005, 08:32 AM
is that 225 american each? and delivered to oz? what if there are a couple of sets? hey pundit i might in on this if ur thinking of it. maybe others b4 we buy. who else has them and what was the recommended shock set up?

pundit
07-08-2005, 04:30 PM
is that 225 american each? and delivered to oz? what if there are a couple of sets? hey pundit i might in on this if ur thinking of it. maybe others b4 we buy. who else has them and what was the recommended shock set up?
$225.00 U.S. per set of four (not each... eeek!) about $310.00 AUD + shipping and I'd be prepared to wait for several weeks unless you want to pay top dollar to get 'em quick. If I can't find an alternative source I might be interested.

Also looking at a set of Konis.
They're almost 2 grand for a set here and about half that to bring them in from the U.S.

632 Regal
07-08-2005, 04:55 PM
USPS can deliver them there, I sent Big Kriss his windshild graphics for $3.50 us, said 3-5 days to get there. I'm sure the springs would be more cause of the weight but it might be worth looking into to have PML ship them over if you cant find a local distributer.

Lennyz525i
07-08-2005, 06:15 PM
Kai,
What kind of shocks were you using with those Vogtlands?

pmlmotorsports,
You mention that you can use these vogtland springs with OE Boge shocks. (I might have asked you this before) Does that setup need any modification?
Thanks

(I'm currently doing some research in the different E34 suspension setups.)

Kai@e34.de
07-08-2005, 06:20 PM
Kai,
What kind of shocks were you using with those Vogtlands?
original stock BMW shocks. but today, i'd take bilstein.

BigKriss
07-08-2005, 06:42 PM
$225.00 U.S. per set of four (not each... eeek!) about $310.00 AUD + shipping and I'd be prepared to wait for several weeks unless you want to pay top dollar to get 'em quick. If I can't find an alternative source I might be interested.

Also looking at a set of Konis.
They're almost 2 grand for a set here and about half that to bring them in from the U.S.

I would be a bit scared off not receiving the goods if you go boat. Just becasue they are expensive to begin with. It will take about 8 weeks to get to your door via this method. About 10 months ago, I got the front shocks and springs through shox.com. It was us$350 shocks and springs + us$170 shipping (5 days) + AUS$120 (gst + duties).

genphreak
07-09-2005, 07:12 AM
original stock BMW shocks. but today, i'd take bilstein. Hey Kai, I was conteplating Bilstein Sports with them. Is that the combo or do I go HD's or tourings. I would prefer a smoother ride, was worried about the valve settings in the Bilsteins- when a lowered spring is fitted one should go the Sports versions to tune match spring- but I am scared of a rough ride. Going with stock Boges will be smoother, but perhaps I'll be missing out on some necessary damping going this path.

Love the site btw Kai, makes me wish my German was better! I will have to spend more time with my German relatives from now on...

Mattyb, pundit, I'm up for a set too... so that makes three :) but we're gonna need to find some cheap freight- and three separate packages to avoid the import duties and GST... (the exact model we want is Part No. 951026 btw)

:) GP

pundit
07-09-2005, 04:56 PM
Hey Kai, I was conteplating Bilstein Sports with them. Is that the combo or do I go HD's or tourings. I would prefer a smoother ride, was worried about the valve settings in the Bilsteins- when a lowered spring is fitted one should go the Sports versions to tune match spring- but I am scared of a rough ride. Going with stock Boges will be smoother, but perhaps I'll be missing out on some necessary damping going this path.

Love the site btw Kai, makes me wish my German was better! I will have to spend more time with my German relatives from now on...

Mattyb, pundit, I'm up for a set too... so that makes three :) but we're gonna need to find some cheap freight- and three separate packages to avoid the import duties and GST... (the exact model we want is Part No. 951026 btw)

:) GP

I've had both Bilsteins and Konis fitted to different vehicles in the past and for acceptable ride comfort without compromising handling the Konis win.
Bilsteins would be okay on dead smooth roads but hey, we live in the real world. So I'd be up for a set on Konis as well... depending of course on freight and possibly import duty/GST costs etc.

Kai@e34.de
07-10-2005, 02:06 AM
ty :)
feel free to sign on, most of the germans in the e34.de-forum speak english, too.

5-belowzero
05-28-2008, 05:45 PM
What's up pundit i just dropped some vogtland spring on my 89 525i bmw just the front it looks great. and rides like stock. I am at work and can't post pics until i get home. I am running upgraded heavy duty shocks on the front and back. My car is alpine white fresh out the paint shop.

pundit
05-28-2008, 06:31 PM
What's up pundit i just dropped some vogtland spring on my 89 525i bmw just the front it looks great. and rides like stock. I am at work and can't post pics until i get home. I am running upgraded heavy duty shocks on the front and back. My car is alpine white fresh out the paint shop.
Man is this thread ancient history!
I've had Eibach's in my E34 for over two years!!

... oh and Koni Sports!

RallyD
05-29-2008, 10:28 AM
after different combinations of stock. vogtland. and eibach springs along with stock. kyb. and bilstein I would agree that the Eibach/Koni setup must be the way to go for performance and of course the Sachs kit for everyday living.

5-belowzero
06-01-2008, 09:22 PM
New to this I will get the hang of it soon, no disrepect needed. maybe one day i will catch up with you in atlanta or somewhere and we can talk about how ancient your thread was. I was hoping that each one would teach one but cool like in school I will give you a hall pass. Your car is hot and I will leave it at that Man.

pundit
06-01-2008, 09:30 PM
New to this I will get the hang of it soon, no disrepect needed. maybe one day i will catch up with you in atlanta or somewhere and we can talk about how ancient your thread was. I was hoping that each one would teach one but cool like in school I will give you a hall pass. Your car is hot and I will leave it at that Man.
Actually no disrespect meant, but this post was so old that I'd forgotten I'd ever posted it.

I just realised you are a new poster.
We tend to joke around a bit here but don't take it too seriously. ;)

As far as suspension is concerned you'll probably find it hard to beat Eibach/Koni for great handling and ride quality.