PDA

View Full Version : New suspension information page published

genphreak
07-07-2005, 08:30 PM
Hey everyone, there's a wrap-up of current e34 suspension options recently published on
Whit's site (http://www.bmw4life.com/shocksSpringsGuide.htm) which is very clear and helps to dispel the confusion about what goes with what when you go resetting the height of your e34.

Great work Winfred - its a great guide - complete with links to sourcing all the hardware. Its been especially helpful to me as I'm probably going to team a set of Vogtland springs with Sashs Sports up front and Bilstein Sports on the rear, simply cos I cannot afford the Sashs kit that was clearly the best solution for me. I'm hoping this won't be too hard, but am still weighing up whether to stick stock Boges on the rear instead of those Billie bricks!

If this has already been mentioned... my apologies- I haven't noticed anything about it.

It's a good example of how the more experienced people can really help the rest of us out... :) GP

BigKriss
07-07-2005, 09:00 PM
g'day mate, it was talked about here last week

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=12016

genphreak
07-07-2005, 09:05 PM
g'day mate, it was talked about here last week Hahhahah thanks Kriss...

Well look what you miss if u leave bimmer.info for a day! Doh!

Good work tho Whit :)

Kalevera
07-07-2005, 09:42 PM
Aye....guys, it's not my site -- it belongs to Lenny, he just publishes my rants whenever I have them to give. All props go to Lenny. Hail to the Lenny.

I'm done :D

best, whit

P.S. Nick -- the syntax of the first sentence in that second paragraph confuses the heck out of me.

mattyb
07-08-2005, 08:37 AM
all hail lenny

liquidtiger720
07-08-2005, 09:25 AM
Lennart rocks. I am going to steal his muffler some day.

Lennyz525i
07-08-2005, 06:21 PM
I was actually gathering some more info on suspension setups today.

Does anyone know who (still) sells the Ground control kit with Konis as a package?
I also learned that Ground Controls are discontinued for the E34, or so the ground control website says. They're still available through other resellers though.

I'm also looking for feedback on the Eibach/Koni setup, so if you're running that on your E34, please lemme know how your ride is.
Thanks

genphreak
07-09-2005, 07:30 AM
Aye....guys, it's not my site -- it belongs to Lenny, he just publishes my rants whenever I have them to give. All props go to Lenny. Hail to the Lenny.

I'm done :D

best, whit

P.S. Nick -- the syntax of the first sentence in that second paragraph confuses the heck out of me. Oh sorry Lenny, ouch... that's not nice. Dude great site- it is coming along nicely. I am hoping to contribute too- but am yet to do anything very 'rad' to my e34. Whit, I agree my syntax sucks, I'm really just saying the write up really helps you work out what parts to use when resetting the ride height of the car with new springs. :) GP