PDA

View Full Version : Broke down Part 2!!!

bimmerboi18
07-06-2005, 09:22 PM
Went to the shop to get my car today, they put a brand new radiator, and thermostat in it. Guy let the car run for like 15 mins, we drove it, everything was fine. We were looking over everything making sure everything was right, when the car started running hot. The PLASTIC IMPELLER broke. Well, he ordered the new pump, and it will be there tomorrow, so hopefully ill be on the road tomorrow.BTW I got my new job today, Frank said I HAD to get a job to support my shopping habit, and my car, LOL, my e34 is like my child, I HAVE TO SUPPORT IT. The water pump is like 85 bucks for the metal one, I just hope thats all that is wrong. I love my car. Oh and the M-Parallels look great!! I love the way they make the car look.

632 Regal
07-06-2005, 09:41 PM
bleed her good man!

uscharalph
07-06-2005, 11:26 PM
If you don't mind, what did they charge for the radiator and the thermostat? What brank of radiator did they use? BTW, it's probably good the water pump went while you were at the shop.

Kalevera
07-07-2005, 06:45 PM
Since the car overheated, you may also want to have them replace the expansion tank cap. Have them assure that it holds a good seal when you go to pick up the car. Once the plastic parts get overheated once, they get assed up.

Plastic impellers, man -- I knew it.

best, whit