View Full Version : A Few Bugs need working out 95 525i

jmr898
07-06-2005, 12:51 PM
I have a 1995 525i with auto trans
This is a short on what i am going through
Trans replaced ( newer used one)about 2000 miles ago, before I owned it
brake pads replaced all around
coil packs replaced, I think not 100% though

on the dash in the message center says ( brake linings)

the (ED) never lites up - not even sure what that is

when I get out to lock the car and I turn the key to the right to lock all the doors they all lock and then right after I pull the key out they unlock right away. and then once i re-lock htem again they stay locked.

and it seems that I have to re synic the the passenger door with the others

also is this normal that you can only operate a max of 2 windows and or sunroof of any combo at the same time, because if I try to close or open more then two at the same time one stops working untill i let go of one button
Example ( trying to close all 4 windows at the same time or even close 3 windows 1 or two will not go up or down untill I let go of the two prior buttons)

next Question

Most of the time when I turn the car off and i can hear a funny noise from behind the gauge cluster for about 10-20 seconds like a low buzzing very quaint or sounds like water boiling , but I do know that it has nothjing to do with the coolent system.

any help would be great thanks

632 Regal
07-06-2005, 01:03 PM
brake linings, probably a bad wear sensor on the pads...driver front/pass rear

2 window max is so nothing gets overloaded, normal

the buzzing is the vents closing, normal

jmr898
07-06-2005, 01:43 PM
thanks for the quick reply, is there a way to make it so all windows can go down or up at once and doesn't overload?
and so far as a bad sensor, I didn't change the brakes, does it have to do with the wrong pads or the sensor not hooked up or broken, would the fix be I go an order a new brake pad sensor? and would the computer need resetting or will the message go away on it's own? Thanks

632 Regal
07-06-2005, 01:55 PM
can pick up the sensors ar the dealer if you dont want to order via internet...a few bux each, no biggie it slides on the inner pad. could just be unplugged too or a broken wire, might want to check it out first. The message will just go away when you fix it.

As for the windows, 2 at a time isnt bad...better than 1 at a time lol. Dont think you can make all 4 work at once, it's all controlled electronicly.

JonE
07-06-2005, 02:07 PM
If I either hit auto close on the sunroof or auto close on the driver's window and try to operate any other window at the same time, the first "auto-close" stops. Haven't tried manually operating two or more windows at once. Also, when using the key method of closing all windows, they always go sequentially (one window at a time). Kinda makes the process longer than it needs to be, I think.

western99
07-06-2005, 02:08 PM
can go down at the same time with a single touch, but only the driver's window will go up with a single touch. The rest of the windows will have to be raised by holding the windows down. Safety feature.

As for your door locks, if you can not resync them, I would say that one of your actuators are gone (or maybe more than one). I have changed all of mine and my car is the same year as yours. You have the typical signs that one or more of them are gone. Easy to change, but a pain to get to.

Brian

Qube
07-06-2005, 02:18 PM
Normal: ======================
also is this normal that you can only operate a max of 2 windows and or sunroof of any combo at the same time, because if I try to close or open more then two at the same time one stops working untill i let go of one button
Example ( trying to close all 4 windows at the same time or even close 3 windows 1 or two will not go up or down untill I let go of the two prior buttons)
================================
* annoying sometimes, but that's the way it is.

Normal: ======================
Most of the time when I turn the car off and i can hear a funny noise from behind the gauge cluster for about 10-20 seconds like a low buzzing very quaint or sounds like water boiling , but I do know that it has nothjing to do with the coolent system.
================================
* definitely normal. I wondered the same way when I got mine!

Now, surf around the forums! You'll find a lot of easter eggs too :)

632 Regal
07-06-2005, 03:31 PM
yeaster eggs lol

uscharalph
07-06-2005, 03:38 PM
That's the safety feature in auto-close. If you want it to stop, just hit any other window or sunroof button. I just verified that the multiple window open or close is limited to 2 windows on my 1989 also.