PDA

View Full Version : Weird Control messages.

kurt-o
07-06-2005, 09:16 AM
I've scoured bmw34net and I don't see any obvious reasons or solutions.

But anyhow, here is my problem... The control computer seems to give me random errors. At first it was just "Brake Light". I've checked and re-installed all bulbs, and it still dings and tells me "Brake Light".

Lately, the control computer is telling me "Low Beam". Like the brake light's both of my low beam bulbs are in perfect working order.

Is there some trick to this, to make it stop or is the computer going bad?

DanH
07-06-2005, 09:20 AM
Maybe your LKM is going bad. Its under the hood next to the strut tower. Search the archives for more info.

DanH
07-06-2005, 09:21 AM
Did it say "Brake Light" or "Brake Light Circuit"? If the latter, then you might need to replace the brake light switch near the pedal to fix that issue.

DanH
07-06-2005, 09:24 AM
Found more info:

http://www.bmwe34.net/e34main/maintenance/electrical/LKM.htm

Maybe your LKM is going bad. Its under the hood next to the strut tower. Search the archives for more info.

kurt-o
07-06-2005, 09:51 AM
thanks guys... I see that LKM is Light "Kontrol" Module now.

kurt-o
07-07-2005, 07:05 PM
thanks guys... I see that LKM is Light "Kontrol" Module now.

So I've gone through and followed the instructions on bmwe34.net. I resoldered everything I can get to and I still get the errors. I'm currently bidding on a replacement LKM, so I hope that solves the erroneous light errors.

Now for my other problem..

What does "Check Control" mean. I get this error some times.

I didn't get a manual so when it tells to look in owners manual I am sort out of luck. I've done some research and I'm still confused.

Kai@e34.de
07-07-2005, 07:37 PM
try the following:

1. i don't know if the US-E34 have a head light aim control. if so, pull out the connector of the head light aim control motor and look if the errors happen again.

2. open your Check Control Module and resolder the R60 resistor.

kurt-o
07-14-2005, 06:14 PM
So i got a new LKM, plugged it in and I still get a brake light warning. I've checked the fuses for the rear brake light and checked all the bulbs.. the connection seems firm.

I don't get a "low-beam" warning any more, so that's a tad better, and I haven't tried soldering the r60 resistor on the ccm, (I don't know which one it is).

any more suggestions?

632 Regal
07-14-2005, 06:26 PM
yes, check very carefully along the trunk hinge for broken, cracking wires or wire insulation, very common falures occur there.