PDA

View Full Version : Well this sucks - Do I pull the intake after seeing this ??

Derek A.
07-05-2005, 06:13 PM
Putting in a new set of injectors. I pulled the old ones out and saw one didn't look like the other. Looks like the piece broke off the end some time ago as there is debris around the end. The question is now - do I put it back together as is or do I pull the intake off ?

http://www.opus45.com/pics/injector.jpg

winfred
07-05-2005, 06:18 PM
don't worry about it, been there sweated about that several times

Derek A.
07-05-2005, 06:23 PM
Just figure the motor ate it a while ago and not to worry about ?

winfred
07-05-2005, 06:29 PM
yep, i've had them eat the whole heat shield

Just figure the motor ate it a while ago and not to worry about ?

genphreak
07-05-2005, 08:32 PM
Those look pretty good- just soak em in injector cleaner for a night or two, flush them with it using some vacuum pressure perhaps... grab a new set of Type-II o-rings and pintle caps for $6 on eBay. They probably fail due to heat stress, unless something once flew round in the combustion chamber and hit the injector.... pretty unlikely... :) GP

Derek A.
07-05-2005, 08:54 PM
There was a part throttle flat spot - and a rough idle. Those were just professionaly cleaned a while ago. Something was up - as the car was having trouble getting fuel. Got a brand new set from five-0-motorsport - car runs much better. I think an injector can be cleaned - but they do reach the end of their lifecyle eventually.

632 Regal
07-05-2005, 09:00 PM
its only plastic...long gone bro. Its when the ends of your plugs or valves are gone you lay question into it. I still doubt that little plastic shroud led to all your problems though. Hope the new ones flow more accurate.

Craig in Davis
07-05-2005, 10:44 PM
into the combustion chamber aka direct injection

They probably fail due to heat stress, unless something once flew round in the combustion chamber and hit the injector.... pretty unlikely... :) GP