PDA

View Full Version : Squeaking rear suspension

ilya
07-05-2005, 01:29 AM
just noticed this today. when i press down on the trunk (with the car turned off), there is a pretty loud squeaking noise coming from the back, which i assume is from the suspension. what can i use to lube it up? or should i just take it to Jiffy Lube and pay them to take care of it for me?

moots
07-05-2005, 02:42 AM
just noticed this today. when i press down on the trunk (with the car turned off), there is a pretty loud squeaking noise coming from the back, which i assume is from the suspension. what can i use to lube it up? or should i just take it to Jiffy Lube and pay them to take care of it for me?

I have come across squeaks caused by 1. the E brake 2. the dogbones
Go thru the elimination process and idnetify the saource.

Mas (UK)
07-05-2005, 03:46 AM
As I'm sure you already know, the handbrake is a drum type mechanism working off the inner side of the hub on the rear brake disks. It's pretty normal for drums to squeak a bit when you push the boot down. If it still happens with your handbrake off, then maybe a seized brake pad or a suspension matter. Sometimes a worn or leaking shock will also make weird squeaking noises when you push down at that corner, and it would sound even worse when you're driving over bumps and potholes on rougher roads.

Cheers,

Mas