PDA

View Full Version : Sounds like the same speedometer problem…

rps1072
07-03-2005, 10:28 PM
But my speedometer, when the car first moves, jumps to beyond maximum (clockwise to 6 o’clock) and stays there as long as the car is moving. About a second after coming to a complete stop, it returns to zero.

I have:
Changed the speed sensor in the differential.
Changed all of the capacitors on the instrument cluster (5)
Tried a different speedometer gauge
Re-soldered the connections connecting the speedometer gauge to the instrument cluster board.

Interestingly, the AVG MPH function on the OBC works and shows the correct (seems like it) speed and the cruise control also functions properly.

Please help me.

rps1072
07-25-2005, 08:03 AM
Found a used PCB and swapped it out. Eureka.

imnprsd
08-30-2005, 04:07 AM

Can you help me solve my speedo problem?

My speedometer read 45 MPH, but I'm doing 57... I changed the speedo head in my instrument cluster (put in a used one) and I replaced the speed sensor in the differential, but that did not cure the problem either.

I heard you can make adjustments to the speedometer by changing the programming of the OBC, but I'm not sure if this works.

I have a type IV OBC and while I can access the Speedo functions, the 1000/100/10/1 buttons don't affect the obc. Do you know:

1) Where I can most likely find the fix to my slow reading speedometer?
2) Ever heard about reprogramming the OBC?

Mark

PS
I wapped out the circuit board on the back of the instrument cluster (mine is blue in color), but that had no affect either.

imnprsd
10-15-2005, 05:04 AM
Did you find a fix?

uscharalph
02-12-2006, 07:02 PM
This may be silly, but what's a PCB?

Bill R.
02-12-2006, 07:03 PM
This may be silly, but what's a PCB?