PDA

View Full Version : Now that my radiator totally lost it...

rickm
07-01-2005, 05:01 PM
..I was able to refit the hose, today the rad cracked where the upper hose hits. Luckily I was within spittin' distance of home.

Anyway, I ordered a rad, clips and hoses. Do these happen to include the expansion tank? That seems to have split also, after it cooled I went to add water and it was coming in from near the top of the tank. :P I think it does, just need to check.

I've decided to replace the water pump also. I can get one locally, for 60 something. *added* any brands to avoid? I see ASC and Cardone.

I need the vehicle to be running on Thursday am since I have to go to Atlanta to see the Braves open some wupass on the Cubs. (Ma is in VA with the Mini, glad I didn't let her take the fiver...she would have been POd had this died way out in BFE).

Happy 4th all.

uscharalph
07-01-2005, 05:10 PM
I've been researching radiators and all the one's I've checked come with the expansion tank.

winfred
07-01-2005, 07:36 PM
525s come with tanks

632 Regal
07-01-2005, 07:52 PM
avoid Geba pumps

ryan roopnarine
07-02-2005, 03:55 AM
i know for certain that cardone has both rebuilt and new waterpumps for an m50, i don't know about asc but i'd assume the same. i would ask the source if there's a core value on the pump. if there is, realise that it is rebuilt and its a part brand that isn't usually even discussed here. i know that it weighs about 3.4 lb or so, so overnighting a popular brand from bma would be kinda expensive, but i would deliberate long and hard about putting anything rebuilt on your car, especially since very few companies (aside from bosch, zf, et cetera) are good at doing bmw parts rebuilding. i mean, its up to you, and if you need it by a certain time, go ahead and get the local ones if you can't get others. hell, my waterpump died in the middle of nowhere...i know its a rebuilt but the total only was 250$ for part+install+thermostat in the middle of BFE florida and its lasted at least40k miles, i don't worry about it, but if i had to do it myself, i'd buy new and buy a "popular" brand. up to you really.

rickm
07-02-2005, 05:19 AM
ryan:

these are new...I don't touch rebuilt anything. overnighting one from bma would be like 80 bucks.