PDA

View Full Version : ok help please, need parts like yesterday.

spoolinturbo
06-29-2005, 07:05 PM
I know i've bugged u guys. but I cannot find a f.bumper anywhere. I found one for a good price from www.partstrain.com but according to the better business bureau which they are a member of but they have had 76 returns in 36 months and all this other junk and dont know if I should go through with it through them, but i also need the reinforcement and the moldings that go on the bumper, and the center grill on the bumper....Where can i get this?!?!? i've searched the net for hours and to be honest all the sites that sell parts for this car all look the damn same, set-up and all.......anyone? when i finally get all the money to do all this stuff, this happens...grrrrrrrr

spoolinturbo
06-29-2005, 07:05 PM
and i dont trust ebay...they are evil im sure of it

infinity5
06-29-2005, 07:12 PM
buy everything except the bumper (screws, mounting brackets, etc etc) from BMA auto parts. Or, if they have to special order it, go to the dealer and get it.

As far as the bumper goes i'm sure BMA can get you one at a reasonable price, but it won't be painted and it will sitll be really expensive. i bet you could get an M5 bumper off ebay for the price of a new OEM bumper :)

hehe, my bumper is sitting in the shed right now..

infinity5
06-29-2005, 07:15 PM
and by the way, email patrick, their site is pointless if you're looking for obscure parts.

Brian C.
06-29-2005, 07:18 PM
It seems like either he or Winfred can usually dig something up.

Brian C.

Kalevera
06-29-2005, 07:33 PM
In fact I think Bret has a gray one from a 525, but I could be mistaken (I'm sure the man will ye or ne it himself).

best, whit

spoolinturbo
06-29-2005, 07:59 PM
interesting. Well i still have all the parts screws and such from mine. Only thing i need new is bumper, moldings, center grill. Nose panel, the grills around the lights (i figure why not) the chrome inserts for the nose panel or whatever. And reinforcement. I was trying to find just the plastic cover for a foglight but thats impossible i have discovered. I found one bumper on ebay for extrememly cheap, and its primered, its all good im repainting anyways but ill know more tommorrow when i call them, They have a very good track rating with ebay so who knows. still need all the other parts though...ill see what BMA has for molding wise, but the nose panel is crazy to find.
jeff
thanx for the quick replies though! awesome!