PDA

View Full Version : Poll...Should Winfred return the shirt?

632 Regal
06-29-2005, 04:08 PM
poll

brodee
06-29-2005, 04:17 PM
I don't see a thread anywhere saying he won it!!

632 Regal
06-29-2005, 04:25 PM
see? even thats gone!

winfred
06-29-2005, 04:29 PM
bitch bitch bitch!

SharkmanBMW
06-29-2005, 04:31 PM
to make it fair - maybe Ed should draw the name again... we'll just re-do the whole contest!

632 Regal
06-29-2005, 04:34 PM
AFTER he returns the shirt!

dacoyote
06-29-2005, 05:15 PM
Will all the help he gives he should just get one for helping....

scott540
06-29-2005, 05:19 PM
No way Man, that guy has too many guns. He can keep the shirt if he wants to. No problem with me Winfred.

dacoyote
06-29-2005, 05:28 PM
If you cannot have respect... have fear... :-)

Bimmer Nut Ed
06-29-2005, 05:44 PM
I have not sent it to him yet. I've been trying to recover the data. Don't worry, I will send it, my word is my word.

And I've created the new boards again.
http://www.bimmer.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40

And the Swap Meet Board:
http://www.bimmer.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=39

So, guess what, the contest is on again, I will give away another t-shirt after so many recommended shops are on the new board.

And I promise, this outage thing will not happen again. I just bought another system, and this one will be implemented with mirrored file systems on the data base server.

632 Regal
06-29-2005, 06:11 PM
Ed were you able to work something out from the place you got the last server? I know it hasnt been that long since you got it.

Bimmer Nut Ed
06-29-2005, 06:58 PM
The new Web Server does have dual drives. This Database Server, a separate server, did not. I had wifey bring home two drives and I was in the process of installing a beefed up Data Base server when this happened. Well, I really was not in the middle of the precess, but I was ready once I would have got my lazy butt in gear.

Since the previous web server petered out earlier this year, ran out of juice, I've implemented separate Email, Web, and Data Base Servers. The email server is just the old server, the Web Server is the new Cobalt XTR I bought, and the data base server is just a white box Linux server. The drive on the DB server is what took a ****!

632 Regal
06-29-2005, 07:49 PM
okay.... no clue you had to have all that stuff. Someday when I grow up im going to be a garbage truck driver.

winfred
06-29-2005, 08:00 PM
new toy, i bought a hat and got a free glock/ccw holster/box of hollow points
http://members.cox.net/wdixon27/glock
357sig for those who are interested, sorta like a modern version of my .38 super competition gun, it makes a 36cal/9mm bullet go real fast

No way Man, that guy has too many guns. He can keep the shirt if he wants to. No problem with me Winfred.

pundit
06-29-2005, 09:01 PM
Poll...Should Winfred return the shirt?
Don't know about the shirt... but he should return the skirt and high heels he borrowed. I wonder why he wanted those? :D

winfred
06-29-2005, 09:18 PM
that's for me to know and you to find out http://members.cox.net/wdixon27/lol.gif

but he should return the skirt and high heels he borrowed. I wonder why he wanted those? :D

ryan roopnarine
06-29-2005, 09:18 PM
new toy, i bought a hat and got a free glock/ccw holster/box of hollow points
357sig for those who are interested, sorta like a modern version of my .38 super competition gun, it makes a 36cal/9mm bullet go real fast

if you got all that with the purchase of a hat (nee free)...

SKAAANNKKK

(just jealous)
i don't like block brand tupperware guns much. i've been looking at either the sig p226 or sig p229 that come from the store with the sig 357 and buying the 40 cal barrel as a seperate as i don't care for 40 cal. and don't think its too much better than 9mm but what i really want but can't find is....

the colt delta elite (10 mm)

so i can pretend im the type that reads SOF. a p226 is like 670 plus tax plus barrel for 140....a delta elite (which is gonna be used) is like 800 or 900. im trying to wean myself off the idea of buying a 10mm cause i know that there's no way i can afford to feed it unless i make my ammunition at home....its more expensive than the damn tokarev that i already have to search heaven and earth to find now.

winfred
06-29-2005, 09:33 PM
i always wanted a glock and it's a good carry piece, i am not impressed with .40 and 9mm is a puss, the only reason i see to buy a 9mm is because it's cheep to shoot (under $4 a box if you look hard enough) 10mm is cool and may eventually find it's way into the arsonal. this rig ran me $550 for everything pictured and it shoots good, the 357sig is right at 357mag power in certain loads and not too expensive $13.50 for 50 at wally world for winchester 125gr fmj practice ammo, i've seen reloads online for $8-9 a box of 50 i am going to roll my own

so i can pretend im the type that reads SOF. a p226 is like 670 plus tax plus barrel for 140....a delta elite (which is gonna be used) is like 800 or 900. im trying to wean myself off the idea of buying a 10mm cause i know that there's no way i can afford to feed it unless i make my ammunition at home....its more expensive than the damn tokarev that i already have to search heaven and earth to find now.

Kalevera
06-29-2005, 10:01 PM
Haha -- who chose, "Who is Winfred"?! :D

best, whit

TheGeak
06-29-2005, 10:07 PM
Man, I wish I could get more into guns....just never know where to start. I love shooting things though!

pundit
06-29-2005, 10:14 PM
Man, I wish I could get more into guns....just never know where to start. I love shooting things though!
That's just what we need... another psycho running around with a gun! :p

winfred
06-29-2005, 10:16 PM
me

Haha -- who chose, "Who is Winfred"?! :D

best, whit

winfred
06-29-2005, 10:37 PM
this would be a pretty damn good deal up to around $250 (press is almost 300 new, tumbler goes for 50-100 depending in brand plus scale/book/caliper are another 75-100 and you are not going to wear out a dillon and if you do they will give you another free, good warranty) you can roll your own for under $5 for 50 with lead bullets or a tad over for copper plated (can be loaded hotter and will shoot cleaner
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31825&item=7165758823&rd=1

i know that there's no way i can afford to feed it unless i make my ammunition at home....its more expensive than the damn tokarev that i already have to search heaven and earth to find now.

ryan roopnarine
06-29-2005, 11:16 PM
this would be a pretty damn good deal up to around $250 (press is almost 300 new, tumbler goes for 50-100 depending in brand plus scale/book/caliper are another 75-100 and you are not going to wear out a dillon and if you do they will give you another free, good warranty) you can roll your own for under $5 for 50 with lead bullets or a tad over for copper plated (can be loaded hotter and will shoot cleaner
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31825&item=7165758823&rd=1

1st...lemme start by sayin that i know how "useful" certain glock models are for ccw....i just like normal top heavy guns.

2....try as i might (and i did), i don't own my apartment so i have nowhere to hook a normal press. was going to buy a hand press around april but i had stuff come up that was more important. the range guy let me take a bucket of brass home and pick out whatever i want , i have a dr pepper bottle that is full of about 1200 9mm cases. i just have no press

3 im a classless, trampy sob....i don't think i'd be getting a tumbler because i don't care if my stuff is shiny...just so long as it doesn't blow up when fired.

4 i realise that the 357 sig is gettin cheaper...hell, 13 for 50 is about what i pay for tokarev. in picking thru the bucket of brass, i found a couple of the 357sigs that the air marshalls were using, at first site i thought that somebody was actually shooting tokarev cause the empty tokarevs look A LOT like empty 357sigs. my only concern from changin from either 9mm or tokarev is that 9mm is available EVERYWHERE for cheap, and that apparently you can make a tokarev case from a remington .223 (ie m16 shells for those that don't know). i've never seen it done, but everybody on those boards that reloads does it, so i guess ill have to learn.

ill get that press and start loading by september, i like the idea of something i can pack into a briefcase or compact bag like a handpress though. im trying to do 100 9mm for $6 or 7 'cause walmart just upped the price of a box of crappy winchester 9mm 100 count from 10.96 (or 9.96 in rednecksville) to 11.37 everywhere.

shogun
06-29-2005, 11:22 PM
the last shirt

with our birth we get time enough
but it lasted not for a long time and life becomes rough

steadily we live in stress
and plan us with every mess

we push important things away
we gonna living it someday

so our life runs on and on
and suddenly were best days gone

no time was left for us and friends
we gave away our dreams and plans

there is only past remaining, when we are old
and for more time we would spend all our gold

time is precious – we noticed too late
the last shirt has no pocket – humans fate!

winfred
06-29-2005, 11:29 PM
try the major chain type sporting goods stores for cheep 9mm, you may get lucky and find some left over cci blazer in the aluiminum cases, they were blowing it out for $3 something a box around here, when i shot 9mm a good time ago i got south african new ammo that came in reloadable brass cases for $5-6 a box at gun shows, last i looked it was still around plus tons of others that go for even less, you can get 9mm cheep enough that it doesn't pay to reload it, reloading just allows you to customize it

liquidtiger720
06-29-2005, 11:45 PM
winfred hai been gaow?- Chinese for... Who in the world is Winfred?

=)

DanH
06-30-2005, 08:58 AM
It looks like winfred has a 1/3 chance of winning the next shirt too...only 3 shops at last check.

I have not sent it to him yet. I've been trying to recover the data. Don't worry, I will send it, my word is my word.

And I've created the new boards again.
http://www.bimmer.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40

And the Swap Meet Board:
http://www.bimmer.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=39

So, guess what, the contest is on again, I will give away another t-shirt after so many recommended shops are on the new board.

And I promise, this outage thing will not happen again. I just bought another system, and this one will be implemented with mirrored file systems on the data base server.

DanH
06-30-2005, 09:07 AM
There is only a 4.4% voters to viewers ratio.

One can only assume they wanted to vote to "return the shirt," but all that talk about guns scared them off.

TheGeak
06-30-2005, 10:17 AM
That's just what we need... another psycho running around with a gun! :p

Hey now, i'm not THAT psycho...and I wouldn't run, the really bad ass killers always walk!

632 Regal
06-30-2005, 11:44 AM
if you click the numbers you can see who voted for who, really thought we would get more voters.

Bruno
06-30-2005, 12:02 PM
Will all the help he gives he should just get one for helping....

I do agree, we should send him 0.10 each time he helps us.

brodee
06-30-2005, 01:21 PM
if you click the numbers you can see who voted for who, really thought we would get more voters.

Ahh crap, my vote got counted wrong.. It was supposed to be "no, he shouldn't send it back" (especially since he has guns and lives less than 300 miles from me
:D

mikell
06-30-2005, 03:15 PM
WHO WANTS A USED SHIRT? Besides, they guy may really need it, and I'd never want to be accused of taking the shirt off anyone's back.