PDA

View Full Version : OK Ed....Funny "Lost Data" story.....

Brian C.
06-29-2005, 03:54 PM
And rather topical too considering Ed's recent troubles.

I'm a Police Photographer and one of the things we do in our office is to process all the Department's film, and now more recently we have the equipment to accept most any type of digital media also. So myself, my co-workers, or anyone else can take their media cards and put them into a consumer-type terminal at our front counter and print out or burn to disk whatever they've taken photos of. Just like you'd see at the local drugstore or Wallymart. But of course these photos can be a bit....well....different.

So a female Vice Detective comes in this morning with two of the small Secure Digital cards that she wants to burn to CD. She had worked a massage parlor detail where she was the "Massage-ee" and they photographed all the "Clients" in the (almost) act before they were arrested. She wants to take only some of the images from each card and put them all together on one CD, which we can do, because she also says she has photos of her kids, etc on the cards that she doesn't want on the CD. This is a bit more work, but still not too much trouble. She puts in the first SD card and reads the 10 images she wants and starts the transfer. She then waits until it's the correct time, removes that card and puts in the second SD card that had about 200 more images on it she wanted.

It's taking a bit more time to transfer the images to the hard drive and then it would burn them, and she gets a blonde moment. Actually more of a brown-root moment. She gets impatient and removes the card before the light went out. Oooooo.......bad move. As the company techs told us, that's almost a sure way to re-format the card and lose the images.

So she sees that the CD doesn't seem to have the second card's images and she gets nervous. I see she's "a bit" troubled and go to help her. She really has no idea what she's done or how to proceed, so I take the card and go back to another reader on my PC. I put the card in and it asks, "Do you want to format J drive?" I'm thinking that this is not good. She comes over to my desk to see how it's going and I tell her the good news. "This card is blank", I say as a look of terror begins on her face.

Now here was the good part. She now realizes how ACTUALLY f**ked she is as oppossed to the guys she tossed in jail the day before and screams, "You mean I had to almost blow eleven scumbags and now the pictures are all gone???? What am I going to do now?" At the risk of agitating her further, I had thought about letting her start her count all over, but I had a mental mind-flashback to her and eleven dudes in about 6 hours and decided better.

So Ed, buddy, pal............things COULD have been worse. We can always just go back and make up more crap like we always do, but she..............yep, she's REALLY screwed!! :D

Brian C.
....but Winfred really does need to give the t-shirt back!
:p

632 Regal
06-29-2005, 04:07 PM
great story brian!

I have an idea here....

SharkmanBMW
06-29-2005, 04:24 PM
great story!
Is she hot?? got any pics of her to post for us to rate?!!!
What will happen to her case?

Brian C.
06-29-2005, 06:53 PM
To actually describe her as "hot" would be sort of a stretch. She's a cop, and one who was trying to look and act the part of a $25/BJ ho-dad. So while she certainly is no Jessica Simpson...(go get GQ magazine NOW!!)...she also didn't have oozing pus-sores on her lip. I don't really know her too well, just enough to say hi in the elevator, but I've always thought that she's the kind who would be a lot of fun on a loooong weekend with a bottle of tequilla. And sorry, no pics. She's a UC Cop so they never want to be seen until they transfer to another job like School Crossing Guards or something it wouldn't matter. She was pissed though!!! :p

Brian C.

Bimmer Nut Ed
06-29-2005, 07:04 PM
ROFLMAO - Holy **** man, funny story. I love it. I don't feel bad at all now. Thanks for sharing Brian.