PDA

View Full Version : HELP PLEASE!vibration

mattyb
06-29-2005, 09:08 AM
ive got a vibration which is a little clearer after getting new tyres and a balance all round. when im taking off and braking a twitching type noise comes from under the centre console. the tbar doesnt move or vibrate when this happens.its between 700 and 1500 revs. feels under the whole car. i thought maybe tranny mount? doesnt vibrate when in park and revving up.maybe uni? anyway im gonna pull the console out tomorrow b4 work to have a looksee.has anybody seen under the handbrake section of the console? i doubt the be a bolt there holding the tranny up, but thats where the noise is coming from. are there any pics available.maybe under is were the tranny mount is. thanx in advance

mattyb
06-29-2005, 10:42 PM
really need some help. does anybody have a bently picture. i know recently there were somepics b4 the shutdown. id look there first b4 i ask for ur help but they r gone and im stuck. so any ideas anyone.

Kalevera
06-29-2005, 10:48 PM
I doubt much can be found by pulling out the center console, especially if it's a driveline related sound. I'd get the car up in the air (somehow) and start inspecting/shaking/removing things. Generally speaking, a large pair of water pump pliers, a good pry bar, and diligent eyes will reveal most of the noises and vibrations that these cars make.

Also, what's meant by "twitching"? Is it a rattle/clunk/thunk/tapping/squeal/whine?

best, whit

mattyb
06-29-2005, 11:11 PM
thanx whit. its a quick rattle, i know its sounds stupid but its sounds like a dolphins chatter.like flipper saying hurry up. and i know i havent put a dolphin under my car, not recently anyway.

liquidtiger720
06-29-2005, 11:43 PM
Well, its not as bad as mine. Mine is just a twitching sound coming from the console...that is random =x.

mattyb
07-04-2005, 05:17 AM
well after having a look under it seems the tranny mounts are obviously stuffed. just pulled em off tonight and oick up new ones 2morrow from bmw.same price as anywhere else. $36 aussie a piece. raed somewhere that exhaust needs to be dropped to do this. ive got them off wothout oing this and will post new thread with pics etc when finished. learnt heaps