PDA

View Full Version : Reasons the Crank Sensor is registering a fault?

DaCan23
06-28-2005, 09:18 AM
So I replaced my crank sensor again and yet it still is showing a crank sensor fault via diagnostic, my CEL is not one, this code was read by the Indy.

What are somethings that could cause it to register a fault?

Is there a relay for it?

Thanks

Javier
06-28-2005, 03:54 PM
still is showing a crank sensor fault via diagnostic

Did you reset the DME? Faults are stored there.

What are somethings that could cause it to register a fault?

If still popping out after reset, may you want to check wiring from the CPS connector to the DME. Black wire to pin 43 at DME (CPS pin 2), and yellow wire to pin 16 at DME (CPS pin 1), also check the shield to be grounded (CPS pin 3) loose connections, damaged insulations are all things that may cause intermittent/momentary faults.

Is there a relay for it?

No relays.

Javier

winfred
07-03-2005, 10:55 PM
sure the right sensor got changed? it could of been bitching about the cam sensor, which seem to be failing around here fairly often

DaCan23
07-05-2005, 09:25 AM
The faults were reset after the crank sensor was replaced, and yesterday I checked the wiring and it seemed ok. Didnt trace the ground too far as I was being cautious w/ the big wiring mess thats in that box. Wouldnt it share a ground w/ all the other connections in there?

My Cam sensor has not been replaced, could it somehow be confused w/ a Cam Sensor fault being reported as a Crank? Next week I'll have the Indy scan the codes again.

Thanks

Javier
07-05-2005, 11:14 AM
just check continuity to ground from pin 3 wile sensor is unplugged, and open circuit to ground from other two pins.

Javier

Edit: If it is an intermittent fault, it may not help much.