PDA

View Full Version : What happened?

stu1
06-27-2005, 12:47 PM
Where's all the messages gone? It says last post was 15th May 2005?

:(

talltorontoguy
06-27-2005, 01:06 PM

nyc525iTe34
06-27-2005, 01:18 PM
Perhaps the mods had to do maintenance on the site or accidentally erased all the postings since May 15th.

I'm sure they're working on getting things back online...

Did anyone have to re-register in order to post?

SC David
06-27-2005, 01:21 PM
Yeah, all my settings reverted back to old style as well. I was confused for a second.

I won't lie, I still am

CheapCheap1
06-27-2005, 01:25 PM
did you happen to "reset" the server?

Yeah, I know it could happen.
:D

Bimmer Nut Ed
06-27-2005, 01:32 PM
Nope, a hard drive failure caused me to do multiple restores. Still working on getting June data back.

I stuck a post about the server status.

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=11878

CheapCheap1
06-27-2005, 01:56 PM
I know it sucks...to have a HD died on the server.

BTW, is it a Seagate HD?
If yes, pls check the link (you could save some $$$)...
http://support.seagate.com/customer/warranty_validation.jsp

FYI...the new Seagate HD is now has 5 yrs warranty !!!
Hope you get a good restoration...

Nope, a hard drive failure caused me to do multiple restores. Still working on getting June data back.

I stuck a post about the server status.

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=11878

Brian C.
06-27-2005, 02:15 PM
I was 5 posts away from becoming a Grand Master!!! And now I see I'm reset back to 910! OYYY! I'll never be able to think of enough crap to post all over again.......hmmmmm.......unless I adopt the "Bidoli Theory" of thread management. Yeah, that's it. Short and sweet and rather obtuse. That is a word, right?? :p

Sorry for all the hassle Ed. Do you need donations for new stuff? You know...fuses, extension cords, paper clips.....you know ....stuff??

Brian C.

liquidtiger720
06-27-2005, 03:06 PM
hehe, wow. I was very bored for the past day.

dacoyote
06-27-2005, 03:29 PM
Yeah... I had to rereg.....

632 Regal
06-27-2005, 06:21 PM
my internet died at work today so it was perfect timing...

Bimmer Nut Ed
06-27-2005, 09:04 PM
No thanks, I'm good for now. But thanks for asking. I'm still working on that data, although now I might not use it since we're all posting away. If someone had something important they remember they wanted, I could prolly get at the data still to grab it. I'm still working on getting at it as I can not get it to boot anymore. Now I've got to build anotehr system to make it the slave drive to see if I can read any of the data.

I was 5 posts away from becoming a Grand Master!!! And now I see I'm reset back to 910! OYYY! I'll never be able to think of enough crap to post all over again.......hmmmmm.......unless I adopt the "Bidoli Theory" of thread management. Yeah, that's it. Short and sweet and rather obtuse. That is a word, right?? :p

Sorry for all the hassle Ed. Do you need donations for new stuff? You know...fuses, extension cords, paper clips.....you know ....stuff??

Brian C.

biondani
06-29-2005, 01:46 PM
I'm still working on getting at it as I can not get it to boot anymore. Now I've got to build anotehr system to make it the slave drive to see if I can read any of the data.

What O/S is it using? I have a copy of Easy Recovery Pro if it helps, it can restore data from non booting systems across a network. Boot the broken machine from floppy disk and read all the data from another machine as ERP maps the broken disk as a drive on the working system. It's slow but have had no issues with it so far. ERP can understand NTFS and FAT partitions iirc,

Ian

Bimmer Nut Ed
06-29-2005, 02:58 PM
It's a Linux box. I already mounted the bad drive to another Linux system hard drive B, and can read some file systems, but not the ones I need. I'm screwed. Oh well. Life goes on. I now have to reload quite a few other application data bases, of which I do have good backups of. The only one that I did not get a clean copy of was Bimmer.info. Sorry guys.