PDA

View Full Version : seatback twist no-more!!

guinness
05-15-2005, 03:50 PM
followed the instructions from Gales page and had it fixed in about 15 min, without taking out the seat!!!

632 Regal
05-15-2005, 04:10 PM
thats fast! It took me longer just to get the seat out...congrats!

guinness
05-15-2005, 04:18 PM
it helped that I'm onlt 5'6" and I have long fingers, (easy to get under the seat)

shogun
05-15-2005, 04:52 PM
I have to do that on my new E32 Highline too. Passenger seat has this problem.
But cannot complain, as that was also one of the reasons that the former owner (a dentist with no car tech knowledge) sold it that cheap, as he was offered from BMW a complete new electric seat with buffalo leather at mucho $$

InfernoM3
08-10-2005, 04:08 PM
followed the instructions from Gales page and had it fixed in about 15 min, without taking out the seat!!!
I had thie problem happen to me just now. Was trying to relax in my car during lunch. Doh? What is the link to fix it?

uscharalph
08-10-2005, 05:51 PM
You did have to unbolt the seat though, right?

Adnan
08-10-2005, 07:17 PM
Hi,

I've done one front seat and I could do it all without removing any bolts. Having done it, I'm wondering why we bother to repair the cable, seeing that it's pretty inexpensive. Maybe it requires seat removal for that but I just can't remember.

Regards,
Adnan

guinness
08-10-2005, 07:27 PM
Repairing the cable is just simpler than replacing it. Why go to the trouble of removing a part that just needs to be tweaked?

shogun
08-10-2005, 07:52 PM
I needed < 30 minutes too.
There is also a good German instruction with good pics. So even if you do not understand German,....
http://www.pagaduan.org/bmwe32/

Blitzkrieg Bob
08-10-2005, 08:13 PM
Does anyone know which motor raises & lowers the seat?

My drivers seat only raises only one side, kind of leans you out the window.

granit_silber
08-10-2005, 08:37 PM

It's the motor in front of the one that controls the seatback.

-ashley

InfernoM3
08-10-2005, 09:21 PM

Which cable should I be fixing? I don't want to ahve to pull both cables or pick the wrong one? My drivers seatback is messed up. the side closed the center seems to be turning counterclockwise and twisting toward the steering wheel. Its hard to explain. but anyway I dont know if that means this is the broken side or the other side is the good side? Basically when I sit in it. I am looking slightly out the window instead of center. Meaning the seat is forcing me to look left at my side mirror.

uscharalph
08-11-2005, 01:24 AM
Repairing the cable is just simpler than replacing it. Why go to the trouble of removing a part that just needs to be tweaked?
Repairing the cable is pretty simple. Plus you only have to deal with one end of the cable and not both.