PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on M5 replicas

BigTim
05-14-2005, 06:29 PM
Hey guys,

Hard to get good rims down here in NZ without paying an arm and a leg. Found this site in the US that sells mainly replica rims.

http://www.lakeshorewheelandtire.com/specials/bmw-5-17-e34.shtml

Can get a set of decent looking 17x7.5 M5 replicas with an E34 offset for $629 plus shipping.

Anyone had dealings with these guys? Opinions on price? Better alternatives? Opinions on 18" rims on the E34?

Cheers,
Tim

bahnstormer
05-14-2005, 06:39 PM
i got mine from them
good company, cheap prices, good wheels
18" is too much imho

BigTim
05-14-2005, 06:48 PM
YHO noted, 17's would do it for me too. Thanks for the info, am just measuring up my arms and legs for the shipping quote.

digitaldragon03
05-14-2005, 07:18 PM
Do they have the chrome shadow finish of the M5 wheels?

BigTim
05-14-2005, 07:37 PM
Do they have the chrome shadow finish of the M5 wheels?
Hard to tell, they seem pretty good replicas, but then again, they are replicas.

montsta56 nz
05-15-2005, 02:06 AM
Hey guys,

Hard to get good rims down here in NZ without paying an arm and a leg. Found this site in the US that sells mainly replica rims.

Can get a set of decent looking 17x7.5 M5 replicas with an E34 offset for $629 plus shipping.

Anyone had dealings with these guys? Opinions on price? Better alternatives? Opinions on 18" rims on the E34?

Cheers,
Tim

Tim I've got a guy in auckland thats imports wheels etc from hong kong at really good prices he can get new and used I've just bought a used set of Breytons which were Genuine and fitted my E34 perfectly I can mail you some samples of some of his wheels if you like???

digitaldragon03
05-15-2005, 04:49 AM
Hard to tell, they seem pretty good replicas, but then again, they are replicas.
The hypersilver ones look pretty good. Ive been looking into buying some but i cant come up with the cash for wheels and tires.

Asharus
05-15-2005, 03:14 PM
I got mine from ebay for 1089 plus shipping w/ Falken tires. 18" M Parallel replicas. http://www.bimmer.info/~bmwmpower

BigTim
05-15-2005, 04:43 PM
Tim I've got a guy in auckland thats imports wheels etc from hong kong at really good prices he can get new and used I've just bought a used set of Breytons which were Genuine and fitted my E34 perfectly I can mail you some samples of some of his wheels if you like???
Thanks for that, sounds great! I've sent you a private message with my email address. Cheers, Tim.

pmlmotorsports
06-27-2005, 01:59 PM
Hey guys,

Cheers,
Tim

be careful, the 7.5" wheels are not the best choice since they are designed for a 3 series with an altered offset for a 5,6,7,8 series.......a true wheel for the big body cars would be 8" wide.......like the Hamann replicas [IMG] I am offering .....one last thing Bahnstormers wheels are made in germany, imported by The Wheel Connection, and sold thru several retailers including Lakeshore...but the wheels you are asking about are not german, nor even made in Europe, so please use descretion, and try to by from a "known" manfacturer

Jason
06-27-2005, 02:39 PM
I'm in NYC

TheDuke
06-27-2005, 02:44 PM
be careful, the 7.5" wheels are not the best choice since they are designed for a 3 series with an altered offset for a 5,6,7,8 series.......a true wheel for the big body cars would be 8" wide.......like the Hamann replicas [IMG] I am offering .....one last thing Bahnstormers wheels are made in germany, imported by The Wheel Connection, and sold thru several retailers including Lakeshore...but the wheels you are asking about are not german, nor even made in Europe, so please use descretion, and try to by from a "known" manfacturer
How much are you selling them for again?

pmlmotorsports
06-27-2005, 07:54 PM
How much are you selling them for again?

$700 delivered within 2 weeks of payment

pmlmotorsports
06-27-2005, 07:56 PM
I'm in NYC

My "shop" is located in southern New Jersey, but I'm primarily a wholesale/distributor, and I work out of my home/office in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn a majority of the time.