PDA

View Full Version : putting door panel back ON

ChefJRD
05-14-2005, 10:13 AM
Hey guys,

I posted a few days ago about my rear window not going back up. After taking it all apart and reviewing some forum threads on it, I think it's the motor. But, seeing as how I rarely use that window and I'm about to buy a house, I think I'm going to hold on to my $100 for now and just detach the power cable and leave the window in the up position.

But, now I can't get the door panel back on! I'm having trouble reversing the "up and out" pull used to get the panel off. It seems like the innner top lip of the panel needs to be pushed in behind the clips along the top edge of the door before snapping in the top of the panel under the window trim, but I'm having a heck of a time doing that. Any tips??

Thanks.

BobHarris
05-14-2005, 11:27 AM
I seem to recall that it's a right PITA with the window up. Not sure if you can do it with the window pressing on the inner seal. I'm sure someone will know better.

632 Regal
05-14-2005, 07:13 PM
you can try pushing the center of the panel towards the door as you work it down...its a total PITA with the window up.

Kalevera
05-14-2005, 07:32 PM
Actually, it's easy once you know how to do it.

The trick is to remove the inside chrome trim that fits right next to the window. Then, the door panel upper lip will slide into the retainers, you can press the plastic clips into place on the door panel itself. Finally, reinstall the chrome piece.

*GENTLY* remove the chrome piece -- I used a flat head screw driver and start from one side, lift it up slightly on the first clip and move along to the next clip. This will keep it from bending out of shape.

best, whit

CheapCheap1
05-14-2005, 10:37 PM
Ahhhhh...where were you last wk? Well, it took me almost 2 freaking frustrated hrs. (I knew I missed some steps & did the wrong way... 8^( )

Thanks a ton for sharing the tips.

Actually, it's easy once you know how to do it.

The trick is to remove the inside chrome trim that fits right next to the window. Then, the door panel upper lip will slide into the retainers, you can press the plastic clips into place on the door panel itself. Finally, reinstall the chrome piece.

*GENTLY* remove the chrome piece -- I used a flat head screw driver and start from one side, lift it up slightly on the first clip and move along to the next clip. This will keep it from bending out of shape.

best, whit

Kalevera
05-15-2005, 12:38 AM
Ahhhhh...where were you last wk? Well, it took me almost 2 freaking frustrated hrs. (I knew I missed some steps & did the wrong way... 8^( )

Thanks a ton for sharing the tips.
I was here, posting my ~ 5.5+ posts a day :)

best, whit