PDA

View Full Version : I can't belive it!

2fast
05-13-2005, 12:15 AM
I decided to change the fuel filter I have read some people have changed there's and not much has happend so was not expecting much.

I was so wrong!

Depressarized the fuel line then undid the hose and fuel pissed out fast lost about 1 liter I was not ready for that, I Knew some would come out but not that much (note to self wear gloves and safey goggle next time!)

Changed filter
Took for test ride I had to look at the dash to see If I was in Sports mode
I had so much more power :D the car is faster, run's smoother and Idle's better.

It feels like a new car I can't belive it.

When I got home after my fun test ride I started to clean up The filter still had alot of petrol in it so I tiped It in my bucket out of the inflow nozzle and it came out black! I was so shocked, had a closer look and it was tiny bits of metal and other junk.
The fuel filter I took off was made in 97 so It probely has not been changed in year's.

If you are unsure of the age of your filter change it NOW!!

632 Regal
05-13-2005, 12:35 AM
my car has 2 filters, both had the same black crap in them, I didnt notice any difference. Its amazing all the junk we pump into our tanks huh?

Kalevera
05-13-2005, 12:42 AM
;)

It's a maintenance item for a good reason.

Glad to hear you got it fixed. I thought it'd be something stupid and simple like that somewhere in the fuel system.

best, whit