PDA

View Full Version : Cool E60 M5 article

Robin-535im
05-12-2005, 07:16 PM
with tons of pictures.

Page two has some nice shots of E34 M5T / E39 M5 / E60 M5 all side by side.

Long article but fun to look at if you have time:

http://www.bmwm5.com/

Kalevera
05-12-2005, 07:44 PM
"It is the best looking 5-series there is. So I presented myself and congratulated Mr Bangle on what I said was the most beautiful product that have been released under his design direction. I then asked for a picture near the M5 and he would not mind was the impression I got of him. After the photo-session I told him the basics of the the BMW M5 community from all over the world I have and why I was in Paris covering it. After that I wanted to be frank to him and told him that the “Stop Chris Bangle Petition” was started by members on my site, but it is not hosted on my site. In mid-sentence I was starting to regret what I was about to say since I could assume (a bit too late) that this would not be received too well. After all, if somebody was responsible for over 10 000 signatures that you should be fired, you should’t be so happy either. And that is what seemed to happen. Immediately after I told him about the “Stop Chris Bangle Petition” he told me he had to go and looked on his watch and left, which was not the perfect scenario."

.....now THAT'S what I call tact!

best, whit

ryan roopnarine
05-12-2005, 08:44 PM
sure is a helluva tiny gas tank. i had always imagined m cars having increasingly larger gas tanks than mine or an e34...when i saw the alpina with 30 gals for the 89, would have figured this one would be at or exceeding that number. i'd run out of gas somewhat annoyingly quickly even with my 152 cubic inches of nazi steel if the tank on the e34 were 70 litres.

anybody know what the canister was on the instructions for the air compressor? makes it look like hospital equi8pment! would think it would be das fixxenflatten but im probably wrong.

zygoteer
05-13-2005, 02:49 PM
"It is the best looking 5-series there is........"
I think the E34 is by far the most eye pleasing bimmer there, and its partly due to the superb wheel design - wish I could afford some of those