PDA

View Full Version : amp wiring

xphilter
05-12-2005, 06:59 PM
Hi everyone,
so i have a 90 525 and this years stereo wiring is a bit different than the newer ones, as in there is no harness for the head unit. So I am guessing that the amp in the back has different pins. I was just wondering if someone has added an aftermarket amp to their 90 or older and knows the pins or if it is the same as the 3 series pins on bmwe34.net. thanks.
-amir

CheapCheap1
05-13-2005, 12:41 AM
It has many adapters for the purpose...

Kalevera
05-13-2005, 12:46 AM
Personally, I would cut the harness and solder in RCA's, to run between an aftermarket head unit and amp. Using speaker levels is just silly, and the OEM amp has, so far as I know, a proprietary harness on it. Some of these serious stereo guys can confirm ye or ne.

best, whit

Jose
05-13-2005, 03:06 AM
The oem amp has itīs own harness . If you want a bit of sound quality dump the oem amp and speakers . If you donīt want tp splash out to much cash you could always replace the headunit by a high power one with normal 50 w 3 way speakers . Is really loud enough and the sound quality will be much better than oem.

xphilter
05-13-2005, 02:20 PM
yeah, i was thinking about just ditching the OEM amp harness and rewiring, but thats going to take a while. Well i just got done with my last final so i have the whole summer......heh. I dont want this to be like my last car with wires everywhere because i got lazy, so yeah, the whole summer.......thanks for the replys tho.
-amir

oh and i changed the head unit already, i solderd behind the factory plugs just in case i need the oem unit (actually my dad wouldn't hold the light for me unless i kept the plugs on)