PDA

View Full Version : OE or Bavauto carpeted floor mats?

infinity5
05-12-2005, 06:24 PM
I know Bav auto sells a thicker version of the OEM carpets for a reasonable price, does anyone have experince using them? The dealer here in dallas wants 120$.. but with my CCA discount and maybe + a coupon they gave me they're only cost 96 to 108 for OEM floor mats from my friendly local dealer. I don't have the bavauto thing handy but i think both the regular mats and the thicker (higher oz) mats were around 100 as well.

Do the bavauto mats have the little anchor holes?
Any quality issues, such as: do the bavauto mats have the rubber underside that the OE ones do?

TheDuke
05-12-2005, 07:22 PM
I got an email from BavAuto today, they are having yet another sale.

gamjohn2
05-12-2005, 08:32 PM
Funny that you should ask because I have a related question. But to answer yours, I have the Bavauto "ultimate" mats and I think they are pretty nice. At first I was disappointed because the edges were frayed on some areas of the mats, but it turns out that it didn't matter because you didn't see it when they are installed. The only complaint that I have is that they slide around from everyday use because they do NOT come with anchors. Hope this helps.

Now onto my question. For those with anchorless mats, how the *#@& do you keep your mats from sliding around?? Any suggestions are appreciated.

gamjohn2

infinity5
05-12-2005, 10:25 PM
thanks, as to your question....

they sell this rubbery mesh stuff thats really grippy. people put it under rugs on wood floors so they don't slip- you could try something like that. otherwise i bet you could cut anchor holes in the mats pretty easily. the ETK has all the part numbers for the archor hardware.

BobbyB
05-12-2005, 10:58 PM
I've had the bavauto ultimate mats for a few weeks now and although they are slighty expensive i think they are well worth the money. My OEM mats were very worn and these supposedly have a lifetime warranty. They look really well and are very comfortable on your feet.

Mobius
05-12-2005, 11:41 PM
I've had a set of BavAuto mats for about a year (plush, I believe). They look nice, but the material is that sort of cheap, nylon carpet stuff. The edges are pretty badly frayed by now, and the material is becoming worn out under the heel. They do not have the anchor holes, and rely on a foam material to stay in place - which works decently.

I think you're better off with the OE mats - but the BavAuto 'Ultimate' mats may be a good choice as well.

infinity5
05-12-2005, 11:46 PM
thanks. i think i'll go with pacific bmws 90something OEM mats i think. I might just throw some of the rubber weather mats on top of those.

Mobius
05-13-2005, 12:59 AM
thanks. i think i'll go with pacific bmws 90something OEM mats i think. I might just throw some of the rubber weather mats on top of those.Check with BMA... I seem to remember the OE mats being a lot less than $90 through them ($70?).

I could be totally wrong, though.

digitaldragon03
05-13-2005, 02:20 AM
I have the regular Bavauto mats and they are decent. The foam backing works fairly well to keep the mats from sliding around. You can have them custom embroidered too for 10 bucks more i believe.

Lennyz525i
05-13-2005, 01:46 PM
I wanted the bavauto mats but was a little low on money. I went looking around on fleabay and found a set of black OE mats. $20, practically brand new. They were even shipped in the BMW OE box. Zero slipping and sliding!

motuman
05-13-2005, 03:48 PM
I just bought the OEM mats from Circle BMW for $89 plus shipping. I am very happy with the look, feel, quality & fit of the OEM. Can't see any reason to buy another brand. I also can't believe the overall effect is has on the interior, it looks so much newer!

FWIW - I also bought the OEM chrome exhaust tips from Circle for about $17 each.

Qsilver7
05-13-2005, 05:00 PM
I just bought the OEM mats from Circle BMW for $89 plus shipping.
Did your mats come with the plastic type anchors (like the ones on the left in the pics below)...or do they have the newer velcro type anchors?
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/433000-433999/433594_364.jpghttp://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/433000-433999/433594_365.jpg

motuman
05-13-2005, 07:11 PM
They came with the plastic anchors shown iin your photo. I didn't need to use the new ones though, the mats lined up perfectly with the anchors already in the car.

JonE
05-14-2005, 10:01 AM
I also vote for the OE mats, not that much more expensive than the Bavauto mats and they line up with the anchors. I just bought some for the E34 and it tranforms the interior. Previously bought Bavauto mats for the E30 and although the color was nice and pretty thick mat, no anchors (big bummer) and the edges frayed, as others have mentioned. Not worth the extra hassle of it moving around and the frayed edges suck, in my opinion.

Rusty
05-14-2005, 11:49 AM
I purchased a set of the 'berber' floor mats from Bavarian Autosport. The backs have a bunch of those tiny little rubber 'nubs' that are supposed to dig into the existing carpet. They work and look pretty 'swell' so far.

I bought the berber in hopes that it would look better than the OEM carpet sets that I've had in the past.

Hope that this helps someone, Rusty

Bill R.
05-14-2005, 12:03 PM
picture, but my newer 3 series ones came with the velcro that screws into place where the old fasteners were...

Did your mats come with the plastic type anchors (like the ones on the left in the pics below)...or do they have the newer velcro type anchors?
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/433000-433999/433594_364.jpghttp://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/433000-433999/433594_365.jpg