PDA

View Full Version : Handling

shapetoshoot
05-12-2005, 06:17 PM
I am fortunate enough to live in one of the few parts of England where open roads can still be found. When I use my e34 I do like to push it and after 2 years of ownership I think Iam just about a match for the car( my skill v its ability). The car has got enough go but on our roads its not sharp enough.

At 175,000 miles with the mtech suspension, sometimes it seems a bit baggy on tight corners, any recomendations , new original shocks or are there any better aftermarket alternatives. I would like to maintain some ride but pin this big car down when needed.

infinity5
05-12-2005, 06:31 PM
can yo get the sachs kit over there? people say its got good ride quality and it lowers and tightens the car up. Or would could just repalce your mtech suspension again. i think there are slightly firmer versions of it you could get.

shapetoshoot
05-12-2005, 06:48 PM
can yo get the sachs kit over there? people say its got good ride quality and it lowers and tightens the car up. Or would could just repalce your mtech suspension again. i think there are slightly firmer versions of it you could get.
Thanks
Sachs is a big supplier here and all the big makes are usually availlible , the next step up seems to be coilover type spring/shocks. but I would quite like to keep the car as original as possible. Thats probably what Iam thinking is should I make the car as good as can be or will replacing worn out original parts fix the wallow/oversteer and keep the car as it was meant to be.

Ian