PDA

View Full Version : No takers.....

KingSix
05-12-2005, 05:19 PM
on how to remove the upper dashpad eh ? I searched the forums and found 2 dead ended posts on this subject.. oh well I guess ALL my questions can't get answered here ...LOL

ukm5
05-12-2005, 05:23 PM
whats an upper dash pad?

you mean the dashboard?

632 Regal
05-12-2005, 05:25 PM
sometimes not the right people see your posts, did you search the old board archives too?

KingSix
05-12-2005, 05:36 PM
whats an upper dash pad?

you mean the dashboard?

Yes the upper half of the dashboard thats padded... geez don't be so technical... lol

ukm5
05-12-2005, 05:38 PM
all the dashboard is padded!

why do u want to remove it?

its a massive job, you have to remove almost everything next to it

JeremyT
05-12-2005, 05:43 PM
not trying to be a smart a$$, but take everything out.. all of it. start w/ the panel under the steering wheel, the glove box, and i think part of the center console.... which may just be the small piece next to the glove box.
Just take your time and carefully remove screws, bolts, etc making note of where they came from or take digital pictures as you disassemble. That way you can reference where things go. Good luck.

KingSix
05-12-2005, 05:48 PM
all the dashboard is padded!

why do u want to remove it?

its a massive job, you have to remove almost everything next to it

Look , no disrespect intended, but unless you are going to answer my question with something other than another question.. please stop replying to this post .. all i want is some help in removing it... "why" isn't important ...

KingSix
05-12-2005, 05:50 PM
not trying to be a smart a$$, but take everything out.. all of it. start w/ the panel under the steering wheel, the glove box, and i think part of the center console.... which may just be the small piece next to the glove box.
Just take your time and carefully remove screws, bolts, etc making note of where they came from or take digital pictures as you disassemble. That way you can reference where things go. Good luck.

Thank you very much for replying.. it is a lot of work just to replace the pad ... oh well it will look good when I'm done.. at least thats what i keep telling myself ... LOL

ukm5
05-12-2005, 05:55 PM
i answered your post, i said as others have to remove everything around it, and to be perfectly frank, its fairly obvious that you have to do this and if you didnt post such stupid questions, then perhaps u would get more technical replys

also use the right wording, then people understand you, upper dash pad! WTF, its called a dashboard

Jon K
05-12-2005, 06:01 PM
i answered your post, i said as others have to remove everything around it, and to be perfectly frank, its fairly obvious that you have to do this and if you didnt post such stupid questions, then perhaps u would get more technical replys

also use the right wording, then people understand you, upper dash pad! WTF, its called a dashboard

I have to agree... its a little vague... and the topic "No takers?" the only reason i looked was because i thought something was for sale.

took me and jason about 40 mins to remove the dashboard out of his dismantled M5... we had a ton of **** out already, goes to show how tedious it is.

uscharalph
05-12-2005, 06:44 PM
I thought something was for sale also.

Paul in NZ
05-12-2005, 07:35 PM
why didnt you bump your old post......it has all the info people were asking about.Hope you get that tan sucker out!!!!

KingSix
05-12-2005, 07:48 PM
Y'know.. sometimes its just easier to figure this stuff out on your own than dealing with some of the attitudes in here (ukm5) thanks to all the guys that answered ...

632 Regal
05-12-2005, 08:10 PM
c'mon king, relax, have a beer and chalk up the idiots to their nature. there is an option to ignore a specific user and when I first posted that I didnt get any replies for a month!

lol J/K

good luck and take pictures and do a write up for everone else.

infinity5
05-12-2005, 08:14 PM
sean and johans 7'er page has a write up about removing the aircon that involves removing the dash and i bet you $10 removing that big ol dash is the same as ours only slightly larger. links to their page are somewhere.. check shoguns page which is linked in his sig.

TheGeak
05-12-2005, 11:11 PM
Jon and I removed the dash from my M5 fairly easily. I think the hardest part was snipping all the zip-ties that fasten bundles of wires to the dash. be sure you have lots of spare small zip ties and someone with small hands. The process (IIRC) goes like this:

Remove Trim Under Steeringwheel
Remove Glove Box
Remove Small pieces of trim that cover the speakers near the kickpanels
Remove the covers for the dash tweeters
Remove the A Pillars
2-4 Bolts on each side under where the A-Pillar was and down along the sides (I forget exactly how many bolts)
Then cut zip ties one by one carefully as not to snip any wires while you're doing it
I'm sure there are a few Screw/Bolts i'm missing/not mentioning but thats probably because its late and it was a while ago that I did this. All in all, its fairly straightforward. Oh, I almost forgot, make sure you remove the gauge cluster as well, and I believe that requires the removal of the steering wheel (if not required, it made it easier for Jon and I)

Hopefully that helps you out a bit. And don't jump to being so defensive, some people are just inquisitive. Chalk their posts up to a free bump!

Mobius
05-12-2005, 11:34 PM
Look , no disrespect intended, but unless you are going to answer my question with something other than another question.. please stop replying to this post .. all i want is some help in removing it... "why" isn't important ...You still haven't figured out this whole 'internet forum' concept, have you?

Wow.

Try to be less of an ass, thanks.

Jon K
05-13-2005, 12:54 AM
Jon and I removed the dash from my M5 fairly easily. I think the hardest part was snipping all the zip-ties that fasten bundles of wires to the dash. be sure you have lots of spare small zip ties and someone with small hands. The process (IIRC) goes like this:

Remove Trim Under Steeringwheel
Remove Glove Box
Remove Small pieces of trim that cover the speakers near the kickpanels
Remove the covers for the dash tweeters
Remove the A Pillars
2-4 Bolts on each side under where the A-Pillar was and down along the sides (I forget exactly how many bolts)
Then cut zip ties one by one carefully as not to snip any wires while you're doing it
I'm sure there are a few Screw/Bolts i'm missing/not mentioning but thats probably because its late and it was a while ago that I did this. All in all, its fairly straightforward. Oh, I almost forgot, make sure you remove the gauge cluster as well, and I believe that requires the removal of the steering wheel (if not required, it made it easier for Jon and I)

Hopefully that helps you out a bit. And don't jump to being so defensive, some people are just inquisitive. Chalk their posts up to a free bump!

Jason you forget the distinctive tool we needed to use... i believe i was calling it the "pryer" or "mexican prybar"... aka screwdriver, hahaha so funny... then we played with acetone... ah the times

Oh yeah and you forget to refer to the "roll cage" aka the knee support bar... hahaa

TheGeak
05-13-2005, 06:04 AM
Jon: I left out the 'roll cage' option on purpose, because that was an M5 ONLY feature. And don't you forget it!

ukm5
05-13-2005, 12:23 PM
Y'know.. sometimes its just easier to figure this stuff out on your own than dealing with some of the attitudes in here (ukm5) thanks to all the guys that answered ...

get a grip