PDA

View Full Version : EAT chips good or bad for 3.8 M5??

NH004
05-11-2005, 12:21 AM
Is there an EAT chip for the 3.8 M5??
If so, is this too much for an already
high strung engine??
any input would be appreciated..

:)

Paul in NZ
05-11-2005, 12:32 AM
ask the man himself he has a m5!

mark d (http://www.bimmer.info/forum/member.php?u=17)

NH004
05-11-2005, 01:02 AM
Yes, but I doubt he has anything bad to say about his own chip..
He has a 3.8 M5??

araine901
05-11-2005, 07:51 AM
From what I have heard the EAT does make a chip for the M5 and it makes it much more driveable. Brings more power in at lower RPM so you dont have to wait for it as much. The M5 made good power at high RPM (good for a track) but was a little flat down low. I think the EAT helps cure that.

I just installed an EAT chip in my car on Tuesday, and in the 540 it certianly broaded out the powerband. The only complaint I would have was that it came without any instructions. The porduct itself is flawless.

MarkD
05-11-2005, 09:23 AM
From what I have heard the EAT does make a chip for the M5 and it makes it much more driveable. Brings more power in at lower RPM so you dont have to wait for it as much. The M5 made good power at high RPM (good for a track) but was a little flat down low. I think the EAT helps cure that.

I just installed an EAT chip in my car on Tuesday, and in the 540 it certianly broaded out the powerband. The only complaint I would have was that it came without any instructions. The porduct itself is flawless.

Sorry about the instructions, I used to send a personal email to each buyer with a link to instructions (on the net) but hvae nor done that recently. Most people can easily find instructions but I'll be adding the links to my website soon.

Mark