PDA

View Full Version : So I drove my bro's 05 Stang GT yesterday

DaCan23
05-09-2005, 08:25 AM
As far as performance and look the car is pretty sweet. The manual has a short shifter which is really nice. The car has some serious low end torque, 4th gear doing 35MPH and it'll still take off. When punched it pulls pretty straight, unlike some american/japanese cars if you punch em they wanna pull to one side. Nice tight suspension which can be a little rough on crappy roads thoguh.

Great car... but what will always distiguish american cars from most high end cars is in opening or closing the doors or even the hood it has that clunky american feel to it, like cant they spend a little R&D on the small things to make them not so rough & cheap feeling. Also while the trunk has some ok room, the design of the opening is poor so that to have something fit maximially in the space it would be rocket science to navigate it through the opening.

Nother thing to note is it has coil packs and on each side of the engine is a tons of wires & connections... couldnt they of put some sort of cover over the sides to make it look nicer not to mention protect all that stuff...

632 Regal
05-09-2005, 09:02 AM
lol...its just not a 15 year old E34.

Jose
05-09-2005, 10:22 AM
that car was made for one thing only......burn tires and tons of fuel, V8 power all the way!!!!

DaCan23
05-09-2005, 11:45 AM
Actually it gets good gas mileage.... recommended 87 octane and he gets high 20's for MPG on the highway. Think he said bout 27-28.... my V8 is jealous of that...