PDA

View Full Version : Front Seat hook removals...

bighc2000
05-07-2005, 01:24 PM
any tips? TIA.

My whole front seat has a twist problem, headrest too. I can't get the seat to budge up to clear the hooks. Special thanks to winfred and gale for their nice write ups for the seat twist.

TIA

Harry

632 Regal
05-07-2005, 01:59 PM
raist the seat up, move it back then lift the back up. if the seat is too far forward you cant get enough angle to clear the hooks

Kalevera
05-07-2005, 02:14 PM
You know, the twist (at least for the seat back part of it) can be remedied with the seat still in the car. It's a bit more difficult to do the first time around (if you've never done it before), but my procedure was:

1) Raise the seat up as high as it will go, move it back as far as it will go so the bottom front can be accessed.

2) Remove the seat recline motor (2x 8mm bolts on each side of the motor -- I used an 8mm spanner, it takes a few minutes to remove them). The recline motor has green and black leads and is further towards the back of the seat than the other motor.

3) Get out a drill (cordless is fine) and set the cable in the chuck to rapidly move the twisted part back to normal (or, as winfred suggests, just use the motor). Do any R&R on the cable sheaths and reinstall the motor.

best, whit

EDIT: and the head rest cable repair is also an easy in-car thing. so, no need to pull the seat.

bighc2000
05-07-2005, 06:53 PM
Thanks for all the help. The end result was slightly ghetto as I did not align the seat back perfectly.