PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Tail lights

wat_sup2002
05-03-2005, 08:43 PM
hi all,
another mod, i just installed some new clear tail lights. they look gr8, however the reverse lights dont seem to be working. i pulled off the clear lights and reinstalled the old ones to test if it was the lights that were broken, but they still didnt work with the old ones attached. i remember when i installed i accidently touched the connection plug upside down and this blew a fuse, which i replaced. i'm suspecting that maby i havent had reverse lights for some time and maby not notested it? could it be a broken "sencer" when i put the car into reverse?(its a 5 speed 1989 E34 525i manual) if so where is it located and how can i test it?
thanks everyone
-Richard

ejmpower
05-03-2005, 11:36 PM
The backup light switch (if the same as on a E30 M3, both getrag trannys so probably is) is located on the passengers side of the transmission I believe, it threads into the side with a connector the attaches to the shift knob area, part is really cheap, under 10 bucks, just need to be able to get under the car and access to the side of the tranny, that would be my first guess for your backup lights not working

wat_sup2002
05-04-2005, 02:49 AM
cheers mate, will check it tommoz