PDA

View Full Version : low mileage M30 on Ebay

RockJock
05-03-2005, 12:02 PM

Kalevera
05-03-2005, 12:27 PM
That guy bought that motor from (to me) a very un-reputable seller for less than $300, then turned around and listed it for whatever he was asking.

Completely engaged in arbitrage, which kind of makes me sorry for the po' bastard who bought the thing. I'd stay away from the whole lot of them -- I've seen that guy try to pass off out of round wheels as good.

Just my .02.

best, whit

Kalevera
05-03-2005, 01:39 PM
Dunno, but the whole situation defies my reasoning capabilities, which are (I have to admit, even if I sound arrogant) incredibly good.

I've bought parts from AidanM3 - aka Todd Morin - and was disappointed both with what was delivered versus what was supposed to be sent and in the manner by which I was treated by him/his associates. Todd Morin sells a lot of used (or at least, he did until I got through with him) and new parts, both on eBay and off. I can't understand why JoeBigFun would buy a motor from him (Morin was asking $399 with no guarantee on the thing IIRC) without the intent of using it (unless they are one and the same person, which seems unlikely). Given that JoeBigFun has listed questionable merchandise in the past, I can't help but smell something fishy in the air.

I dislike trashtalking people, but when somebody screws me and doesn't even have the common courtesy to apologize, I'm going to do everything in my power to assure that it doesn't happen to anyone else.

best, whit

byurko
05-03-2005, 01:55 PM
I agree w/ Whit!!! I bought a set of Style5 wheels from joebigfun a couple months back... Not one of the wheels/tires was good!!! I paid $945 for the set! He's a piece of sh*t in my book!!!

He sent me photos of them before I bought but couldn't see any bends. I asked specifically if they were bent and he said they didn't appear to be. When I got them, I almost ****! There were visible bends in each wheel and 3 of the 4 tires had bubbles in them. I send a couple to get straightened at www.wheelcollision.com w/ good results.

BTW, after buying 2 sets of Style5s off eBay, I finally have a complete set I've refinished w/ excellent results. I'm getting the last tire mounted this week!

joebigfun screwed me good and knew what he was doing!! AVOID JOEBIGFUN AT ALL COSTS!!!

Bryan

Kalevera
05-03-2005, 04:52 PM
Bryan....Wow -- you bought *two* sets of style 5's?! No wonder the price for those things on eBay is really high right now...

Mine have some curb rash and a few dings. Have been thinking about sending them off to wheelcollision, but can't afford to have them not on the car right now.

Sorry to hear that the stuff was bad, though -- did you get your money back?

best, whit

byurko
05-04-2005, 08:38 AM
Nope... Wouldn't offer any kind of refund b/c he stated as is. Would've lost about $120 to ship them back... Now I have a couple spares to send off to get straightened. I know I'll bend at least one!

He'll get his negative feedback on the 90th day! If I gave it to him now, he'll just give me a negative in retaliation.

Bryan