PDA

View Full Version : Help me identify a part (so I can work out if it should be where it is LOL!)

doogie
05-03-2005, 06:09 AM
Hi guys,

got back to the car the other day and noticed something poking down near the exhaust..... I've never seen it before which possibly suggests it has moved a bit (or a lot) as far as I can see it looks like a heat shield .... its a great big shaped bit of slightly pliable metal directly above the exhaust.

Unfortunately I cannot work out what classification it would come under so I can't find it in the ETK to compare where mine is sitting/ any fixings that are there with what should be.

Anyone give me a pointer/ a part number? 520i M20 BB52223

Thanks!

Interceptor
05-03-2005, 06:19 AM
Hi guys,

got back to the car the other day and noticed something poking down near the exhaust..... I've never seen it before which possibly suggests it has moved a bit (or a lot) as far as I can see it looks like a heat shield .... its a great big shaped bit of slightly pliable metal directly above the exhaust.

Unfortunately I cannot work out what classification it would come under so I can't find it in the ETK to compare where mine is sitting/ any fixings that are there with what should be.

Anyone give me a pointer/ a part number? 520i M20 BB52223

Thanks!
That's the heat shield for the exhaust muffler. It should be wrapped around the rear muffler.