Just found these on a German board.
Hope you connection is fast enough to see the videos

maine 1st film:
http://212.87.228.230/~lammah/BMW_meeting_2004_by_rekowsky.wmv
und maine 2nd film

http://212.87.228.230/~lammah/bmw_meeting_2005gdansk_by_rekowsky.wmv

BigKriss
05-03-2005, 04:30 AM
nice - on the first video - a bodgy body work on on of the cars. 3 good looking polish chicks also.

the second video - reminds me a lot of the first - They look like DTM videos

I haven't looked up the prices of beamers in poland - they must be cheap being next to Germany.

Thanks Shogun :)

shogun
05-03-2005, 05:32 AM
Not that cheap in Germany, Kristian. They are presently cheaper in Japan and maybe also USA because of the exchange rate and different taxes and competition by other carmakers.
There is a good business by companies which re-import German cars from other EC-countries.
In Denmark for example the consumption tax or value added tax is much higher than in Germany. So that is why there are different prices.
I bought for my mother a small Opel Corsa some thousand EURO cheaper from a re-importer.

BigKriss
05-03-2005, 05:46 AM
I didn't know that mate. My flat mate is polish, he says they are cheap. I haven't looked at the prices though. How much are e34's in Japan.

I'm under the impression that in Japan after three years of ownership thats its more cost effective to buy a new car because of rising (registering costs)???

I know e34's are expensive in australia. mines insured for aus$23,000.

bahnstormer
05-03-2005, 09:59 AM
new bmw's in japan are insanely priced since the gov puts high import tax on them...
since i'm from poland, i can tell you that not too many people drive bmw's around, and
if they do they are the diesel models or the 518's debadged of course =]

thefts are too high to own a nice car =\

BigKriss
05-03-2005, 10:12 AM
since i'm from poland, i can tell you that not too many people drive bmw's around, and

Ouch :(

shogun
05-03-2005, 10:22 AM
new bmw's in japan are insanely priced since the gov puts high import tax on them...

No sir, not correct. The import tax has been skipped about 20 years ago, when we had a 20% luxury tax for cars with over 2000 cc. Since then
prices dropped drastically. A BMW with many of all the optional extras - what is in Japan standard- costs at the moment less than a BMW with the same scope of supply in Germany. This was confirmed to me by a guy from BMW Japan.
In addition BMW has to fight with the very low financing cost for cars here in Japan.
But I just found on the net a company here in Tokyo which you can contact for export and they will even give you the freight cost.
Look at the list of Rush Corporation
http://www.rushcorp.com/cars/justinstock.asp
For easy reference just calculate that 100 Yen is 1 US $, so 360.000 Yen would be 3.600 US$, and there are a lot of Japanese cars here on the list.
Used cars are very cheap.

Beemr750
05-03-2005, 10:51 AM
Be careful bying used cars from Poland!!

Like the saying goes in Germany:

Heute gestohlen,morgen in Polen.
or
Fahren Sie nach Polen,Ihr Wagen ist schon da.

LOL

shogun
05-03-2005, 11:11 AM
Ach, die Zeiten sind auch vorbei. Frueher mussten die Autos ja noch vor der Grenze auseinandergenommen werden damit sie billiger importiert werden konnten, das ist heute auch nicht mehr.

632 Regal
05-03-2005, 11:51 AM
ebonics?

TheDuke
05-03-2005, 02:55 PM

In Poland Mercedes is more popular than BMW, mostly because of the parts which are way cheaper. Older 3 series are beloved by High School and College students as beater cars. Personally seen on doing a burnout which ended up in blowing the motor:(

Black 535i
05-03-2005, 03:54 PM
Today stolen-tomorrow in Poland.

Drive to Poland, your car is already there.

ebonics?

TheDuke
05-03-2005, 09:42 PM
Today stolen-tomorrow in Poland.

Drive to Poland, your car is already there.

You would be surprised how profitable this business is. Not only in Poland, but all over the world. Central Europe is only a transit road. Most of the cars end up in Ex Eastern Block countries, or Asia.