PDA

View Full Version : Posessed Bimmer

Robbb
05-02-2005, 08:31 AM
I have a 1994 530I which has seeming gone off the wall. When the key is turned off the radio back lighting, window switch back lighting, low heater fan and back ground hiss from the audio system continue to operate.

Any power windows or sun roof that are open at the time the car is deactivated will automaticly close. The battries obviously are constantly being pulled down over night. If the cars run daily its OK but if I go a day without operating it I'm dead.

Any guidance to where to start is appreciated. It appears to be possesed.

Check control displays also but if I puch the CCB it reads controll OK.

Robb

Interceptor
05-02-2005, 08:44 AM
I have a 1994 530I which has seeming gone off the wall. When the key is turned off the radio back lighting, window switch back lighting, low heater fan and back ground hiss from the audio system continue to operate.

Any power windows or sun roof that are open at the time the car is deactivated will automaticly close. The battries obviously are constantly being pulled down over night. If the cars run daily its OK but if I go a day without operating it I'm dead.

Any guidance to where to start is appreciated. It appears to be possesed.

Check control displays also but if I puch the CCB it reads controll OK.
It looks like you've got yourself a couple of gremlins there. I suggest you disconnect the battery and clean all the fuse and relay sockets & contacts with contact cleaner, including the connectors on the back side of the instrument cluster. Maybe there's a relay stuck or something. Also check the fusible link.

632 Regal
05-02-2005, 10:59 AM
definetly a relay issue. try tapping them one at a time til the problem stops and replace it. If lucky it will be a painless ordeal.