PDA

View Full Version : 1995 530i leaking Transmission Intercooler

saj3n
05-02-2005, 06:50 AM
I need help! I have a 95 530 and the transmission oil cooler is leaking. I am looking for suggestions/prices for repair or replacement of this part. Any ideas?

western99
05-02-2005, 07:48 AM
The cooler cost me about $400 cdn from Bruno. PM and I can give you more details. I am tight for time right now.

Brian

PatrickPGH
05-02-2005, 01:41 PM
I need help! I have a 95 530 and the transmission oil cooler is leaking. I am looking for suggestions/prices for repair or replacement of this part. Any ideas?

Where is it leaking from? There are two rubber o-rings that are on the oil return lines.

Patrick

saj3n
05-02-2005, 02:05 PM
Where is it leaking from? There are two rubber o-rings that are on the oil return lines.

Patrick

I'll Have to check on that. I had it lifted for about an hour and didn't really have time to get a good look at exactly where it was leaking from. I do know that the general area is directly below the radiator, that's where I am noticing the leaks.

My guess by your reply is that if it is leaking where the rubber o-rings are, I can just replace the o-rings and give it a shot without replacing the entire cooling system. Am I right?