PDA

View Full Version : attention (m50 or m30) owners that use a purolator oil filter, pep boiz

ryan roopnarine
05-01-2005, 08:40 PM
currently has them on sale. they will let you buy ANY purolator plus oil filter for $2.50 with coupon, plus a possible $1 rebate if you want to bother with that. the regular price of a m50 motor oil filter by purolator (L 28812 i believe is the part number of the m50 one) is $7 or $7.50, so this is a significant savings. the filters themselves seem mediocre compared to the mahle or mann, there's a cardboard rather than metal belt about the diameter of the can, likely made in mexico or india. even if i hated the purolator filter i'd buy one to keep around the house as a spare in case i get real overdue on an oil change and can't get a mahle. or you could use it with diesel oil in 1k mile filter changes to remove buildup....whatever you want really. i've gotten one 'cause the small town i live in only had one on the shelves. im going to a bigger city tomorrow, trying to snag $10 worth before rebate. that'll cover my oil change needs until january (sigh) :(