PDA

View Full Version : Tranny replaced still getting noise

e34it
05-01-2005, 07:29 AM
Replaced the tranny in my M5 and i am still getting the noise when in neutral on the throttle, and and lower gears i can hear it, feels like its coming from the floorboards near the shifter/tranny area, im not sure where to go now?????Any more ideas, I am at a total loss , Also replaced the GUIBO flex disc thing eveything else is on the up and up, what am i missing?

Derek A.
05-01-2005, 08:12 AM
Loose flywheel, bent flywheel, bent crank pulley, bolt in the exhaust system, rattling catalytic converter, loose heat shield. Lots of possibilities.

Tiger
05-01-2005, 08:35 AM
Tranny mount... but the noise is likely to be the dual mass flywheel. This also means your original tranny is still good. Keep it or put it back. So how is the acceleration compared to original?

e34it
05-01-2005, 09:12 AM
Tranny mounts are new, acceleration seems the same , i think someone before me had the getrag 260 on too, cause both tranny #'s are the same, i will have him check the flywheel tomorrow, i have to take it back there

Anthony (M5 in Calgary)
05-02-2005, 09:40 AM
Tranny mount... but the noise is likely to be the dual mass flywheel. This also means your original tranny is still good. Keep it or put it back. So how is the acceleration compared to original?

Dual mass came on the S38B38, Europe only.

Anthony