PDA

View Full Version : Bmw (525tds)'95---sunroof stopped working...

jesax
04-29-2005, 10:29 AM
I have a bmw 525 tds stationwagon with a double sunroof.... everything was working fine, until i installed a carcomputer in the car...when attaching the pos. and neg. wires to the battery, the interior lights came on and off...since then the sunroof does not work anymore...when i slide the button to the front or the back to open one of the two sunroofs, it does nothing (not even a click underneath the backseat)...when i push the button (to close the sunroofs), i hear a click and the motor turns for a fraction of a second... anybody any ideas...thanx in advance

632 Regal
04-29-2005, 11:03 AM
did you check the fuses with an ohm meter? I popped a fuse installing my V1 and freaked when nothing worked. was just a popped fuse.

jesax
04-30-2005, 03:25 AM
hi, thanx for the quick reply...i am not very technical, so i don't know how to use a ohm-meter :D
could you explain what fuse i am looking for (is it underneath the hood or the seat)
also, is there a relay that could be broken....(if so, could you also tell me where it is at)

thanx a lot

Paul in NZ
04-30-2005, 03:31 AM
look under the bonnet on the rhs near the firewall looking at the car from the front and you will see the fuse box,there is a label showing fuse numbers and circuits,if you just replace any fuses for the sunroof with new ones(you can keep them as spares if they make no difference).

wmann
04-30-2005, 07:44 PM
do a search here at at a couple of the other sites.

I had a problem with my dual sunroof and the solution was as simple as holding the switch in a position for 20 sec (closed I think) it it reset.

This was after a dealer looked at it and said that they had no idea and it would be to expensive to diagnose.

Good Luck.....Bill