PDA

View Full Version : Anyones got some old 530/535/540 rear shocks?

genphreak
04-29-2005, 05:38 AM
Hey everyone,

Am looking round for some old shocks... (not dead ones tho, k?) my el-cheapo deal just fell thru with my US supplier... surprise surprise... but I am shot on cash atm, so a good set of Boges/Saschs/Billies would be fine...

Have any of you got some floating around the shed?

:) GP

Kalevera
04-29-2005, 08:44 AM
Nick -

Email Bret Luter - bretluter@hotmail.com.

BTW, as I found out -- it's never a good idea to go cheap on suspension stuff. You'll just end up replacing it in short order.

Best, whit

Robin-535im
04-29-2005, 10:51 AM
I had a hard time locating some a while ago. I was looking for someone's old used but not totally shot shocks, and didn't get many hits. Good luck though!

Kalevera
04-29-2005, 01:11 PM
FWIW, I know that Bret has them (I saw a set of rears mounted on his '90 535 parts car when I went to visit on Tuesday). Just give him a call.

The problem is that they're a pain to pull, and to ship to Australia :(

Best, whit

genphreak
04-29-2005, 10:59 PM
Thanks for responding kind fellows, I mailed Bret. Can't wait to get the last few thigns on this car sorted out... only little things to go now, thing is, once one starts fixing one of these beautiful beasts, one simply can't stop till it's all done... :( GP

Kalevera
04-30-2005, 12:09 AM
When is it done, that's my question :) I've been working on Fritz since ~26 October 04. After all these months (and thousands of $$$), I've still got lots to do...and I keep a list of things that need addressing at some point.

It's not a hobby...it's an obsession :)

Best, whit