PDA

View Full Version : Good sources for clear corner and side marker lights

Dash01
04-29-2005, 12:38 AM
Who are good and economical sources of decent clear corner and side marker lights for the E34 ? (BMA is good and reliable, but not too economical.)

eBay has a number of vendors, but most charge too much for shipping.

Any decent vendors that charge reasonable bottom line (including shipping) rates, especially for corner and side marker lights in one shipping package?

jjw
04-29-2005, 01:03 AM
Your own friendly neighborhood stealer has them. Close to outside price and real BMW quality. The best part is that you can check the goods before you pay for them.

Dash01
04-29-2005, 10:26 AM
Well, the eBay price with "shipping" works about to ~$26-30 a pair for front clear corner lights, which some on this list have previously said are reasonably close to OEM quality and appearance, but at a fraction of the dealer cost. Maybe that's why you refer to him as a stealer.

So, anybody had decent luck and quality via eBay or similar less expensive sources?

632 Regal
04-29-2005, 10:31 AM
mine are from the bay, fronts are fine, rears are not real good.

uscharalph
04-29-2005, 11:01 AM
From what I've been told, the problem with the eBay lights is the quality of the rubber.

632 Regal
04-29-2005, 11:05 AM
seems all Depos have a rubber issue, like some 2 year old puts the stuff on.

Dash01
04-29-2005, 11:13 AM
Do you recall which eBay seller you bought from?

I'm looking for a decent seller that will package front corner lights and side marker lights in one box, to save shipping. Most of them jack up the "shipping" costs with a low "price" as a bait and switch trick. Generally works out to ~$26-30/pair for clear front corner lights. If the same outfit sold side marker lights and would ship in one box, the bottom line would be decent.

mine are from the bay, fronts are fine, rears are not real good.

Jon K
04-29-2005, 11:54 AM
Do you recall which eBay seller you bought from?

I'm looking for a decent seller that will package front corner lights and side marker lights in one box, to save shipping. Most of them jack up the "shipping" costs with a low "price" as a bait and switch trick. Generally works out to ~$26-30/pair for clear front corner lights. If the same outfit sold side marker lights and would ship in one box, the bottom line would be decent.

$26 isnt affordable enough? I went through dealer and got OEM Hella ones and paid $99...

brodee
04-29-2005, 12:40 PM
Abrahams Motorsport (http://www.abrahamsmotorsport.com/index-3.html) has them for $39 either smoked or clear.

I know the e30 guys have had great luck with abrahams. Not sure what their shipping is. I'm thinking of getting 2 sets from them for both my cars. I'd be willing to try and organize a group buy if there is enough people interested.

infinity5
04-29-2005, 01:35 PM
I just got my clear in the mail from Mel at Abrahams Motorsport. they seem well made enough. it was 45$ shipped an di got them in about 3 days. He was a pretty nice guy and when i get around to doing my headlights i'll probably buy from him as well.

the only problem is the lightbulb bases that came with the corners didn't fit the wiring in the car. i just switched in the old lightbulb-harness and it works fine.

damn clears look good on white cars :)

brodee
04-29-2005, 01:41 PM
damn clears look good on white cars :)

Pics!! I'm wondering how the smoked ones would look on a white car too though.

everest
04-29-2005, 02:48 PM
Got my clear corners for $34 a piece from BMA. They are OEM with the roundel on them. I think if you pay anything less for them, you'll end up getting inferior quality.

Paul in NZ
04-30-2005, 02:19 AM
good and economical sources of decent

pick any two

bmwoohoo
07-24-2005, 05:53 PM
do you have a link for BMA

Kalevera
07-24-2005, 05:55 PM
do you have a link for BMA
http://www.bmaparts.com