PDA

View Full Version : FS: Low mileage 1990 535im

jjg43
04-28-2005, 02:03 PM
Hey everyone,

I have for sale a 1990 535i 5-speed with 80,xxx miles. It is Alpine white with a greyish leather. Reason for selling is simple...I desperately need $$. Options include dual heated and power front seats, factory cassette player with 6 disc in trunk, etc. In the last year or 7k miles: Bilstein sports w/H&R, RD sways F & R, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmerman cross drilled rotors with MetalMasters all around, OE 18" M-Parallels staggered (Not replicas - 18x8, 18x9)with Potenza RE 750s (235/40, 265/35). In the last 2 years or 20k miles: UUC short shift, all clear corners, new clutch, Dinan chip, Dinan floor mats. The car will also come with original wheels and BMW car cover. Also have spare parts (original sways, chip, struts, springs, etc.) One catch...I don't want to be shady...around 73k miles I somehow broke a rocker arm so the head had to come off. Indy BMW mechanic replaced the cam, all rocker arms, springs, water pump, etc. and had the the head machined and cleaned up. Car now runs perfect and smooth. Paint is nice and glossy (8.5/10)* since it has a few scratches here and there and the typical stone chips on the front end. Interior (8/10)*. It was always garaged and has no rust. My friend has a digital camera and I will take pictures ASAP if anyone is interested. I realize the car is 15 years old but a 535im with 80k is extremely rare...espcially since all the upgrades are done and the whole top end is fresh. I hear about people buying 160k mile examples and putting 6 or 7 thousand dollars into them...am I crazy to want $10K? Any questions, just let me know?

Thanks,

Phil

* Any normal person (i.e. - not extremely anal) would rate this car 9.5/10. The car looks as good or better than alot of E39s. No 15 year old car will never look brand new unless it was never driven or just had a new paint job!

Thanks,

Phil

RobPatt
04-28-2005, 03:10 PM
if we wnated to check it out?

Hey everyone,

I have for sale a 1990 535i 5-speed with 80,xxx miles. It is Alpine white with a greyish leather. Reason for selling is simple...I desperately need $$. Options include dual heated and power front seats, factory cassette player with 6 disc in trunk, etc. In the last year or 7k miles: Bilstein sports w/H&R, RD sways F & R, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmerman cross drilled rotors with MetalMasters all around, OE 18" M-Parallels staggered (Not replicas - 18x8, 18x9)with Potenza RE 750s (235/40, 265/35). In the last 2 years or 20k miles: UUC short shift, all clear corners, new clutch, Dinan chip, Dinan floor mats. The car will also come with original wheels and BMW car cover. Also have spare parts (original sways, chip, struts, springs, etc.) One catch...I don't want to be shady...around 73k miles I somehow broke a rocker arm so the head had to come off. Indy BMW mechanic replaced the cam, all rocker arms, springs, water pump, etc. and had the the head machined and cleaned up. Car now runs perfect and smooth. Paint is nice and glossy (8.5/10)* since it has a few scratches here and there and the typical stone chips on the front end. Interior (8/10)*. It was always garaged and has no rust. My friend has a digital camera and I will take pictures ASAP if anyone is interested. I realize the car is 15 years old but a 535im with 80k is extremely rare...espcially since all the upgrades are done and the whole top end is fresh. I hear about people buying 160k mile examples and putting 6 or 7 thousand dollars into them...am I crazy to want $10K? Any questions, just let me know?

Thanks,

Phil

* Any normal person (i.e. - not extremely anal) would rate this car 9.5/10. The car looks as good or better than alot of E39s. No 15 year old car will never look brand new unless it was never driven or just had a new paint job!

Thanks,

Phil

jjg43
04-28-2005, 03:16 PM
if we wnated to check it out?
...the car is located in Northeast Pennsylvania. I live in Scranton. It is about 120 miles west of NYC and 130 miles northwest of Philadelphia.

Thanks,

Phil

jjg43
04-28-2005, 05:36 PM
Hey everyone,

Thanks,

Phil

Thanks,

Phil
...or is nobody looking for a 535?

SharkmanBMW
04-28-2005, 05:40 PM
entice us with the pics!
we all want to see what you have to offer.

Kalevera
04-28-2005, 05:46 PM
As usual, I agree with the sharkman!

Gotta see some pics :)

By the way -- was it driven in snow? (sorry if this has already been answered -- I viddy'd the desc earlier today and will read it again in a few seconds...)

Seems like a lot (aka -- 3) iM's are going up for sale right now -- strategically placed around the 48 states so that anybody can get one :)

best, whit

jjg43
04-28-2005, 06:04 PM
As usual, I agree with the sharkman!

Gotta see some pics :)

By the way -- was it driven in snow? (sorry if this has already been answered -- I viddy'd the desc earlier today and will read it again in a few seconds...)

Seems like a lot (aka -- 3) iM's are going up for sale right now -- strategically placed around the 48 states so that anybody can get one :)

best, whit

...in the winter of 2003 a few times - that's it. I bought it in NYC in Jan 2003 and from what the PO told me, he never drove it in the winter. By the way it had 53,000 miles in Jan 2003. Also, I have receipts since the car was new. I will post pics ASAP. I am waiting for my friend who has a digital camera.

Thanks,

Phil

632 Regal
04-28-2005, 06:25 PM
10k in great condition as in good paint and not needing ANYTHING mechanical for appx a year is the correct asking price. This also means that EVERYTHING should work.

Break out them pictures bro!

Patrick
04-28-2005, 07:03 PM
With only 80K and needing nothing I would hope you could get $10K for it and I would think it's worth it. You're going to need to have a lot of pics/info to interest serious buyers. Your biggest challenge may be competing against all the zero percent, no money down, we'll-finance-anyone incentives that the auto manufacturers are using to sell cars in flat market coupled with high gas prices, and finding someone with 10 large cash as finding financing for this old a car could be difficult. Post some pics, good luck and keep us posted -sorry you're needing to sell it.

bahnstormer
04-28-2005, 10:26 PM
i would pay 10 for it knowing what i know now....bought a car for 4, and spent about 6-7 fixing it up =\

only thing u gotta watch out for, at 80k everything is just starting to break =\

jjg43
04-29-2005, 08:08 AM
i would pay 10 for it knowing what i know now....bought a car for 4, and spent about 6-7 fixing it up =\

only thing u gotta watch out for, at 80k everything is just starting to break =\

...considering that the suspension is new, brakes are all new, water pump, head gasket, shifter, clutch, etc. all new?

Jason
04-29-2005, 09:07 AM
We all know what you've got, so unless you find another person who appreciates the car and all youve done to it, it will be hard for them to wrap their head around 10k for a 15 y.o car. Have you posted pics before? If its the white 535 w/parallels that im thinking of, its a great looking car. i wish you the best of luck though. If i were to sell mine (108k mi) i would like to get 8 for it and i think it would take me a long long while (and i'd probably never get it cause i would want to keep the style 5s)

JAlfredPrufrock
04-29-2005, 10:19 AM
...or is nobody looking for a 535?

People are looking for 535is, they're rare cars.

You're going to have a hard time selling one for $10k, considering I just picked one up for $4k about 6 months ago.

DanH
04-29-2005, 11:05 AM
You might be better off selling the mods separately since they will draw more cash that the whole package together.

Re-install any of the stock things that are easy to do... wheels, chip, sways? Then you can lower your price for a faster sell. And also get some quick cash on the mods, since they would be easier to sell than car. (Larger market for individual mods that a complete car.)

Good Luck!