PDA

View Full Version : Injectors

Rory535i
04-27-2005, 07:06 AM
anyone have a rough idea what new injectors cost for an M30? thanks.

byurko
04-27-2005, 08:23 AM
My brother used these on his e28 535 with great success... http://www.fiveomotorsport.com/Injector_SetsBMW.asp

He got his from them on eBay as they were a little cheaper - http://stores.ebay.com/fuel-injectors

Bryan

Rory535i
04-27-2005, 08:33 AM
thanks for the links :)

632 Regal
04-27-2005, 09:40 AM
thats where I got my injectors too

Blitzkrieg Bob
04-27-2005, 01:57 PM
I have #1 injector making more noise than the valve train cold.

It's clicking louder than any other part under the hood.

Kalevera
04-27-2005, 03:08 PM
One of mine....#2 or 3....clicks like a MF!! It's really annoying. I'm just going to get the mustang 19#'s whenever I feel like pulling all of that apart.

best, whit

Blitzkrieg Bob
04-27-2005, 03:28 PM
Would be too much for my M20. I' ll pick up a set of #15s

I have a box of 6 new Accel #24s high impendence. But they are way too big for most BMW street applications.

mikemaster
04-27-2005, 04:09 PM
Instead of new injectors you could go this route (cheaper):

http://www.cruzinperformance.com/

Get your injectors cleaned, flow tested, and basically as good as new.
I just sent 4 from a toyota engine project I have underway right now.

Blitzkrieg Bob
04-27-2005, 04:16 PM
Not a bad price for new.

I think #1 may be beyond cleaning. It ticks and leaks.

mikemaster
04-27-2005, 04:34 PM
Yeah, that's a great price. Where from?
EDIT:
whoops, nevermind. Looked at the ebay link.

genphreak
04-28-2005, 08:30 AM
thats where I got my injectors too
I did a bit of research on this sometime recently (see my thread here (http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=10608&highlight=injectors) ) to check out the details.

Latest is, I've just fitted new Type IIIs to my car, so I can't yet comment rationally on the difference as I still have the AFM to sort out and possibly Oxy sensor too. I would seek advice form FiveO motorsports if you are buying new ones- and try to get them to back it up with evidence. I don't know of anyone else using these injectors but my research shows they flow more so using them will damage fuel economy and possibly other things.

Be careful with changing your injectors, I am sure that unless you have **seriously** modified your engine u should stick w the stock Bosch units. BMW engineers are smart and don't have to cut too many corners. The Type Iinjector BMW used is engineered by teams of Hans, Deiters and Johans' with not much else in life than their work, so they are very specific to the M30 engined E34. That means you win as they will most likely work more efficently than any 'drop-in' people like us can propose.

That injector you have ticking and leaking won't be a problem to clean. The leak will only be a bad o-ring (5c bit!). Spinning the injector round with your fingers may even fix it... but then again it mightmake it worse (I doubt that).

I tried Type IIIs as I got a set cheap on the bay (very rare) and couldn't afford too many other options at the time. I'll be posting more about my experince once I've had a chance to set the AFM properly.

In short, clean yours or get new Type IIs. I'd get the BMW part, not the Bosch Ford part FOTE-D5B (Type II) a lot of people talk about. If you find anything substantial to support the use of Type IIIs, let us know. Perhaps you can talk to the owner of FiveO regarding this- they reccommend using the new ones. Problem is I can't find reliable specs on them... (read more about that in my previous posts) and I bet FiveO don't have them either. I haven't spoken to them so any solid you can glean would be helpful.

Beware the marketing BS about the new design, we've heard all about the benefits of 4-spot injectors before... it probably doesn't matter either way in an old engine design like the M30. In the least it would not even compare with having the wrong injector in there in the first place.

:) GP

Rory535i
04-28-2005, 08:44 AM
thanks for all the input guys. none of the injectors are leaking as far as i know. one or two of them are just a bit noisy. I had the head off not so long ago putting a new cam in and I cleaned all the injectors and it quietened them down a bit but nothing spectacular. I have plans for a turbo conversion in the near future so it wouldn't make sense spending all that money on replacement injectors when I'm going to need bigger ones when the time comes. i'll just have to put up with the ticking until then!