PDA

View Full Version : couple questions windows and wheels 540i??

Simple
04-26-2005, 06:03 PM
Hi guys I finally jumped aboard after combing the site for months now.

First question I have a 1995 540i, the problem is with the front drivers side window. It is very strange: The window will not roll up in the day time but when night falls it works like a champ. It will roll down fine durring the day but the motor just makes the normal sound when rolling up and the window doesn't move. Sometimes I can get a couple inches durring the day but not a majority of the time. But when ever it is night it works fine up and down no problem. I have pulled the door panel and everything looks fine inside the rollers and the slides look fine and greased. It feels to me that the temperature is affecting this thing. Like I said the motor always turns and sounds fine but the window doesn't move durring the day. No other windows or the roof give me any trouble so I am assuming that the comfort relay under the dash is still good.

Second question I have been looking on Ebay and have seen some M-Parellel wheels on there that are decently priced even thought they are knock offs. I was wondering if they are a direct bolt on for a 95 540i, or do I need to switch to lug bolts and nuts? Also what back spacing will I be looking for?

Thanks guys

Tiger
04-26-2005, 06:43 PM
I would check window relay or switch for culprit. If it is window motor... if you slam the door while pressing up and works, then your motor is on the way out.

I got BMW 3 pieces 7 spokes 17" for sale... $1400. Direct fit.

As for wheels you see, they are direct fit... some requires hubcentric spacer because they were designed to fit E39... which has bigger hub. As for bolt, use your original bolt... most of time, the wheels also come with a set of bolts.

pmlmotorsports
04-26-2005, 08:19 PM
Hi guys I finally jumped aboard after combing the site for months now.

First question I have a 1995 540i, the problem is with the front drivers side window. It is very strange: The window will not roll up in the day time but when night falls it works like a champ. It will roll down fine durring the day but the motor just makes the normal sound when rolling up and the window doesn't move. Sometimes I can get a couple inches durring the day but not a majority of the time. But when ever it is night it works fine up and down no problem. I have pulled the door panel and everything looks fine inside the rollers and the slides look fine and greased. It feels to me that the temperature is affecting this thing. Like I said the motor always turns and sounds fine but the window doesn't move durring the day. No other windows or the roof give me any trouble so I am assuming that the comfort relay under the dash is still good.

Second question I have been looking on Ebay and have seen some M-Parellel wheels on there that are decently priced even thought they are knock offs. I was wondering if they are a direct bolt on for a 95 540i, or do I need to switch to lug bolts and nuts? Also what back spacing will I be looking for?

Thanks guys
Back-spacing?....is this the 60s? The term is out dated by a few decades, no offense. As for the M- Parallel replica wheels found on ebay, they are definately not the greatest wheels, but one thing is for sure, they are made exclusively for BMWs, and therefore fit perfectly. You will however need to apply hub-centric spacers due to the wheels being bored to 74.1mm while your cars hub is 72.6, and you can reuse your factory lugs. If you are unsure about this, look at the thickness of the wheel's lug hole and compapre it to the stock wheels. You must get at least 7 complete revolutions on the lug bolt to be secure (within spec).

632 Regal
04-26-2005, 08:26 PM
back spacing is cool man!

offset is as upsetting as pants past your asscrack.

all in fun.

Simple
05-03-2005, 11:10 AM
Well I did some looking around and came up with nothing except for the fact that it is the only window that keeps trying to go up when it is all the way up. The others just make a "click" sound if they are all the way up. The drivers side you can hear the motor trying to push the window up further when it is all the way up. What would cause that? Is the regulator out of sync? It is still only rolling up when it is cool outside aswell.

Sorry for living in the 60's with the back spacing questions. I am still an american muscle car kind of guy aswell. I have been around the F-Body boards too much.

632 Regal
05-03-2005, 12:03 PM
G-Bodies

Take the door panel off and look around in there, tracks, the plastic sliders, guides etc. This one dont take rocket science.