PDA

View Full Version : Small powerloss ... please help!

Uber Soldat
04-26-2005, 12:40 AM
Hi guys. need your help. i am driving a '92 520i.
When im driving i sometimes feel a small sudden powerloss. Sometimes they happen right after each other. It is most noticable when i've just gotten off the highway.

Im thinking it might be old spark plugs.
Though when i usually switch on the car i hear the fuel pump making a sorta "grinding" noise when its pushing fuel through. This used to only happen when i first turned on the car , but it seems to continue now. I dont know if the pump is going bad or if it is the fuel filters.
Im trying to figure out if it would be the plugs or the fuel system.

Any help would be appreciated.

Interceptor
04-27-2005, 04:47 AM
Hi guys. need your help. i am driving a '92 520i.
When im driving i sometimes feel a small sudden powerloss. Sometimes they happen right after each other. It is most noticable when i've just gotten off the highway.

Im thinking it might be old spark plugs.
Though when i usually switch on the car i hear the fuel pump making a sorta "grinding" noise when its pushing fuel through. This used to only happen when i first turned on the car , but it seems to continue now. I dont know if the pump is going bad or if it is the fuel filters.
Im trying to figure out if it would be the plugs or the fuel system.

Any help would be appreciated.
I suggest you first check your spark plugs, change the fuel filter and then check the fuel pressure. It should be around 3.5 bar for an M50 engine. I had the same problem and the fuel pump made a hissing sound together with a substantial power loss.