PDA

View Full Version : E24 Question

Incantation
04-25-2005, 06:41 PM
hey guys..

long time no see.. i have been offline for quite a while; moving my family from vancouver to montreal has been quite time consuming. anyway.. on the move, the trunk spring mechanism for my father's e24 m6 has become loose.. i am not sure how to set it up properly.

does anyone have a diagram that would illustrate how to set it up properly? i can't believe how much the trunk lid itself weighs.. i am sure there must be some proper procedure.. help!! :)

cheers,
inc

632 Regal
04-25-2005, 06:52 PM
doesnt it have trunk shock things?

Incantation
04-25-2005, 07:56 PM
no.. it's some weird wire assembly.. they go across the width of the body to the side by the trunk hinges and work against them.. totally strange design. the trunk is heavy as hell too..

anyone?

shogun
04-25-2005, 09:17 PM
Use the online ETK and see at the explosion drawings of the spare parts catalog. You can find the online ETK with the search engine or when you click on the top the homepage here.
Even older cars are covered in the ETK. You just have to select on the first page current or former/previous or something. Even the old Isetta is covered.

Incantation
04-28-2005, 12:47 PM
thanks.. i will try that now :o

granit_silber
04-28-2005, 12:49 PM
thanks.. i will try that now :o

Good to see you again!

-ashley

Incantation
04-28-2005, 01:23 PM

Incantation
04-28-2005, 01:25 PM
unfortunately u have to register with the bmw site to get access to the etk.. and it's not sending me my activation request.

you guys would laugh if you could see me here, in a small quebec town, parked in a Racing Dynamics 850 in front of some old apartment which happened to be the only wireless connect i could find to use for my laptop.. lol. people keep driving by wondering what i'm doing and some kid drove by a minute ago in rusted out saturn with a tin can on the back and revved his engine at me.

silly