PDA

View Full Version : sun roof switch light

Paul in NZ
04-24-2005, 06:38 AM
now that its dark on the way home i noticed that my sunroof switch light is out,the little amber tell tale that sits in the switch itself....how do you remove the switch...I am always fearful of pryin.......

Russell
04-24-2005, 07:33 AM
Either these archives or Roadfly's archives had several posts on how to replace the bulbs in various switches including the sunroof switch. These posts may be helpful. Good luck

now that its dark on the way home i noticed that my sunroof switch light is out,the little amber tell tale that sits in the switch itself....how do you remove the switch...I am always fearful of pryin.......

Javier
04-24-2005, 08:38 AM
Javier

Jr ///M5
04-24-2005, 10:37 AM
At the back of the panel, pry it open with a screwdriver, use a cloth to protect the headliner. It comes out in the direction shown above, very easy, don't be scared. =)

Jr

Qsilver7
04-25-2005, 05:20 PM
...it may be slightly larger than the sedans plus the sunroof tool is stored here on the Touring instead of in the tailgate's tool kit. Note the black tabs around the panel that help secure it in the roof/ceiling. The switch is easily removed from the panel and the light bulb will need to be soldered in. I found a 12volt bulb at a hobby shop to replace mine with. just make sure the bulb will fit in the space...I also had to strip back some of the insulation on the wires (again very easy) then soldered the wires. Bingo! switch lights up perfectly and now I can see it in the dark! :D

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/433000-433999/433594_374_full.jpg