PDA

View Full Version : What makes a "sport" a "sport"?

wishihad50k
04-23-2005, 10:47 PM
When I bought my 95 525i, the guy selling it didnt mention anything about it having a sports package. Today a friend of my told me he thinks my car has the sports package. What were the different options that came with the sports package in 95 and how would I know if my car came with it? Thanks!

DueyT
04-23-2005, 11:28 PM
The 95 Sports package (at least on my car) was Getrag 6-sp, lowered M-tech suspension, BBS RG wheels, heated Recaro 12-way power seats and ASC+T, etc...

http://e34v8.org/Images/540i-sticker.jpg

jplacson
04-23-2005, 11:30 PM
I think the steering wheel is also smaller (there's the standard, sport, and m-tech steering wheel options)

Paul in NZ
04-23-2005, 11:50 PM
in this part of the world a sport had mtech body kit,recaro leather seats,m tech wheel,mtech suspension and had the dual ontrol auto a/c,just like the m5

MicahO
04-24-2005, 05:41 AM
In the US market (your profile does not mention where you live), there was no factory Sport package available in the 525 (or any other e34 save the later 540's). The parts were out there, but would have been special ordered and installed after the fact, probably not by the dealer.

BMW NA made a habit then of not offering the global Sport and M Technic packages in the US market. Today they still limit our a la carte ordering options, but the Sport packages are available.

(Actually I think the US '95/'96 525 "Olympic Edition" would have had 16" wheels, but was not a "Sport" package.)

Wyn
04-24-2005, 06:28 AM
BMW NA made a habit then of not offering the global Sport and M Technic packages in the US market. Today they still limit our a la carte ordering options, but the Sport packages are available.

There are a TON of e34's here that have the M Technic package, minus the front spoiler on the M5. I always wonder why they didn't offer them in the US. They make the car look so much better, especially that rear spoiler and sideskirts.

liquidtiger720
04-24-2005, 12:48 PM
There are a TON of e34's here that have the M Technic package, minus the front spoiler on the M5. I always wonder why they didn't offer them in the US. They make the car look so much better, especially that rear spoiler and sideskirts.
So they have the rear valence, skirts but no front bumper?
I ask, because all 95 e34's came with mtech skirts...but taht is it. The front and back bumper were also painted.

pmlmotorsports
04-25-2005, 11:39 PM
Actually, not ALL '95 E34s came with the M-tech kit, but a vast majority did. And the '95 shows this kit best when painted white. imho