PDA

View Full Version : Need tips

BobHarris
04-23-2005, 02:17 PM
Update on my leak.

Went to the dealer today and showed him the parts I was talking about on the car, then he managed to find them on the ETK.

It turns out that they are a BRAKE PRESSURE DIFFERENTIAL SWITCH and an OIL PRESSURE SWITCH which are shown here (http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=HK12&mospid=47397&btnr=34_0419&hg=34&fg=25)

The tips I need are about removal and refitting. Is there anything special I need to do before and after?

Any help apreciated.

Please respond as I don't know if anyone even read my last post. (or is that what views means on the right? Duh).

Thanks

Bob

632 Regal
04-23-2005, 03:58 PM
I have never ventured into this terretory, id assume its a switcheroo and bleed the brakes.

Bellicose Right Winger
04-23-2005, 05:31 PM
Is this a USA or Euro spec car? It looks like these parts are in the hydraulic system, not the brake system, so make sure you step on the brake pedal repeatedly with engine off, until it becomes real hard. This should relieve the accumulator the pressure. Do this BEFORE you remove these sw1tches.

Paul Shovestul

Update on my leak.

Went to the dealer today and showed him the parts I was talking about on the car, then he managed to find them on the ETK.

It turns out that they are a BRAKE PRESSURE DIFFERENTIAL SWITCH and an OIL PRESSURE SWITCH which are shown here (http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=HK12&mospid=47397&btnr=34_0419&hg=34&fg=25)

The tips I need are about removal and refitting. Is there anything special I need to do before and after?

Any help apreciated.

Please respond as I don't know if anyone even read my last post. (or is that what views means on the right? Duh).

Thanks

Bob

BobHarris
04-23-2005, 05:40 PM
Thanks for the tip.

It is a UK spec car.

I think you're right, they are in the hydraulic system , I found out were the leak was after my Power steering / self leveling system ran low on fluid.

BobHarris
04-29-2005, 06:35 PM
The switches turned up on Wedneday as promiced by the dealer.

I fitted them yesterday after liting the back of the car to refuce the pressure on the shocks and pumping the brake pedal. Refilled the P/S reservoir ran the car for a few minutes, and I don't seem to have a leak any more.

Thanks for the help.

Bob