PDA

View Full Version : Stories.-

LMC
04-23-2005, 09:58 AM
Hi guys, lots of threads about these issues, anyway I prefer to share my experience with all of you and get your feedback.
My car was without battery, parked on my common garage.
O couldnīt open the doors, though I tried everything, another battery connected to trunk light, locked doors procedure,... everything.
As the car wasm parked with handbrake and rear gear and also with a bar from pedals to wheel to prevent stealings, semt hard to do anything by myself.
My insurance company donīt pay for any broken screenshield or door ss, but they do for assistance to take the car for repainring so I phoned them and my car was taken to my friendsīautocenter, really hard as u can imagine to rise ALL THE WHEELS, and take the car outside the garage in these conditions.
Once there after 4 working hours, I could get into the car and change dead battery.
Some days later, I noticed some liquid under my car. I remembered that we used a stregth iron steeled wire to tow the car, and as I didnīt want to scratch my ///M front bumper, I took it off, leaving unprotected my radiator...
Now I have an Overheating Problem, I donīt know where to start from.

I have filled with coolant, it doesnīt lose a lot, less than a cup of wine/month. Nothing happens, so i donīt know if coincidence and also termostat or waterpump is broken or is just air inside and I just need to bleed.

Should I reppair radiator or change it?
I mean itīs an insignificant leak .
The fact is that overheating appears when car is stopped and engine running, but not when car running, though I suppose as soon as heat arrive things will change.
Thanxs in advance for your help!!

PS.- Sometimes The more you care your baby, the better the troubles grow up!! :(

Kalevera
04-23-2005, 12:56 PM
Is there coolant mixing with the oil or vice-versa?

The towing company should have used a rollback to move the car.

632 Regal
04-23-2005, 01:05 PM
Do a search on "bleeding" the radiator, sounds like you have air in the system which will cause the coolant to NOT flow.

There is a LOT of information on different peoples descriptions as to what worked for them and what didnt. SOme got so frustrated that they sold their cars because it seemed too daunting of a task.

search and read and let us know how it worked for you.

Javier
04-23-2005, 01:31 PM
you will never stop bleeding the system until you reach proper tightness. If you have a confirmed leak, fix it, no question about it. These cars are very sensitive to air in the system.

Javier