PDA

View Full Version : Annoying as Hell Noise....

JR'Z 525
04-22-2005, 06:27 PM
My drivers arm rest is rubbing the side of the console and it's a very annoying high pitched squeak. Leatherique and vinyl protectent only provide temporary relief. The seat framing seems to be a tad looser at the pivot points when compared to the passenger side. Anyone else's armrest rubbing the console?
Thanks,
John R

Kalevera
04-22-2005, 06:45 PM
Yeah...my pass seat's doing the same thing. I think the only way to fix it is to raise the seat up a bit so it doesn't rub. Best, whit

xspeedy
08-19-2007, 01:38 PM
I know this is a very old post, but I'm dealing with the same thing. My passenger seat rubs and squeaks like crazy (doesn't help that the seat rocks as well). I found the best solution is to buy some wide (about 2 inches) Velcro and stick the fuzzy side to the side of the console where the seat rubs. I traced the contour that the top edge of the console makes and cut the piece of Velcro to match. I bought black Velcro for my black console, and I hardly even notice it.

I thought I would post this for others that stumble across this thread.

525SEI BRIT
08-19-2007, 01:55 PM
You can actually buy adhesive felt/velvet sheets. cut these to shape and apply. problem solved! if you take a look at any newer Merc BM Jag etc. the adjoining edges are all lined in this way with fabric not leather. i had this similar problem with the rear seats, arm rest and door capings.

Ferret
08-19-2007, 01:55 PM
I know this is a very old post, but I'm dealing with the same thing. My passenger seat rubs and squeaks like crazy (doesn't help that the seat rocks as well). I found the best solution is to buy some wide (about 2 inches) Velcro and stick the fuzzy side to the side of the console where the seat rubs. I traced the contour that the top edge of the console makes and cut the piece of Velcro to match. I bought black Velcro for my black console, and I hardly even notice it.

I thought I would post this for others than stumble across this thread.

Hay that's a good idea, nice share mate!