PDA

View Full Version : Automatic Window Roll Up

uscharalph
04-22-2005, 12:23 AM
When I saw that technical post and read about the automatic window rollup I thought that was really cool, so I tried it on my car & it didn't work. I just chalked it up to owning a 1989. But I tried it again today and wallaa (?). I guess I just didn't hold the key in the lock position long enough before. GREAT FEATURE!

Kalevera
04-22-2005, 12:52 AM
True...I think that, as the electrics get older, the switches get crankier. My sunroof auto close is working about 70% of the time these days.

BigKriss
04-22-2005, 01:00 AM
My windoes only does it about 20% of the time. Is is best to just order a new switch to fix the problem?

Kalevera
04-22-2005, 02:04 AM
Hmmm...I'd pull it apart and clean it before giving up on it :) Aren't switches really f'ing expensive?

My rear pass window started acting up again -- at times, it doesn't like to go down from the central switch. Goes up/down just fine from the door switch. This happened when I first got the car. I pulled and cleaned the central switch and it fixed things (until today). It's pollen season and I like to leave the sunroof/windows cracked with the car sitting in the drive, so my thinking is that it needs to be cleaned again.

Kristian....good luck with all of your upcoming work!

Best, whit