PDA

View Full Version : Sooo...the fun has started

Jeff N.
04-21-2005, 11:23 PM
Dropped of the block today at the machinist. He's going to tank and flux it to see if it's good. Then, check the crank and see if it's a builder as well.

Dave R is sending me the torque plate to keep it true during the bore.

If the block checks out, then next week I'll order up the MM forged 95mm pistons.

Been talking about this for a few years...and now it's started. :)

Jeff

Jon K
04-21-2005, 11:24 PM
Dropped of the block today at the machinist. He's going to tank and flux it to see if it's good. Then, check the crank and see if it's a builder as well.

Dave R is sending me the torque plate to keep it true during the bore.

If the block checks out, then next week I'll order up the MM forged 95mm pistons.

Been talking about this for a few years...and now it's started. :)

Jeff

What will the final displacement be? Stroke the same? Building top end? Thought about all this before, but im going FI.

JoeS
04-22-2005, 12:20 AM
Is it a spare you acquired or did you pull your motor?

Jeff N.
04-22-2005, 12:44 AM
Is it a spare you acquired or did you pull your motor?

It's the original block that was swapped out when I stuffed in the "other" short block with the MM head. Been sitting in the garage since then waiting.

Jeff N.
04-22-2005, 12:47 AM
Bore increases from 92 mm to 95 mm, stroke remains the same. Displacement goes from 3.4 and chance to about 3.7. Top end is already buildt. Metric Mechanic ported head, custom valve work and their Rally cam. Port matched intake as well. Car really has too much cam for the current compression and the current bottom end is pretty tired as well.

Jeff

Paul in NZ
04-22-2005, 05:24 AM
what is the comp going to be jeff?is the rally cam more or less radical than you have in at the moment????

Jeff N.
04-22-2005, 08:54 AM
Compression will rise from the stock 9:1 to 10:1.

The cam that's in there is the "Rally" cam. Too hot for the stock bottom end if you ask me. The new bottom end should be much better... :)

what is the comp going to be jeff?is the rally cam more or less radical than you have in at the moment????

Jon K
04-22-2005, 08:57 AM
Compression will rise from the stock 9:1 to 10:1.

The cam that's in there is the "Rally" cam. Too hot for the stock bottom end if you ask me. The new bottom end should be much better... :)

well hot cam +4 degrees... i can imagine. If I were doing this, i'd reduce stroke and make a 8,500 rev'ing monster.

bahnstormer
04-22-2005, 02:50 PM
u're checking the m30 block? heheh that thing is beast =] u gotta trust the beast =]

Kalevera
04-22-2005, 03:02 PM
I drink the beast....occasionally....does that qualify me?! :)